Chapter 17: Seoho's Background pt2

The next two days were non stop yelling for both Seungsik and Seoho from the officers assigned to each, traumatizing both of them. By now Seungsik had bruises and cuts all over his face and hands. Even at times Seungsik could hear his baby Seoho cry for hours until he had lost his voice. This made Seungsik's heart ache so much. Until a new high profile detective was assigned to this case.

"Why can't you just tell us what happened? Kid!" The officer shook both of Seoho's shoulders, rocking his head back and forth.

"What is the actual lollipop you are doing to that poor kid?" An investigator walked into the room, witnessing the act. Hurrying to take the hands of the officer off of poor Seoho. Putting an arm out gesturing he is protecting him (Seoho). "Get out of this room and get a blanket, banana milk, some snacks, and officer Moonbyul. And if you don't get back here in 5 minutes, you will be kicked out of my team. Understood? Now go."

"Yes detective Seungwoo." Hurrying out before getting his ass kicked by detective Seungwoo.

"Hi, cutie, you must be Seoho. My name is Detective Seungwoo. I'm here to help you and your dad, ok?" Seungwoo kneeled in front of him, comforting the five year old.

"Appa?" A barely heard voice of Seoho asked.

"Yes. appa. You're going to see him soon. I promise. Don't worry, I'm not going to let that officer be near you again, ok?" Right on time as the officer walked in with a blanket, banana milk, snacks, and officer Moonbyul. Taking it from the officer, Seungwoo demanded, "You, stand outside my office door and don't move. If I don't see you there, I will report you to the chief."

"Yes sir." Walking out and standing by the door just like Seungwoo demanded.

"Do you like banana milk? How about this fuzzy blanket? Or some cute jelly candy?" Seungwoo smiled at Seoho. "My partner here will keep you company while I chat with your dad, ok? Don't be scared to ask her if you want or need anything ok?" Walking to officer Moonbyul, whispering "Play with him. Get his mind off of all this. Also don't make him talk too much, he lost his voice from crying."

Whispering back, showing SeungWoo colouring books and crayons. "Way ahead of you, partner. Forget that I have a son one year and a half older than Seoho here?"

"Your son doesn't like coloring. He likes puzzles. 50+ piece puzzles. You have an odd kid, officer Moonbyul." Raising his eyebrows in a friendly way.

"Whatever partner. You haven't even found a boyfriend yet. So stop judging and go talk to the father." Nudging Seungwoo to the door.

Walking into the room, seeing the officer assigned to Seungsik slapping his face. "Are you serious right now? You, go get me alcohol pads and bandages then go stand in front of my officer with your partner who also got in trouble. And if I don't see you both there, you don't want to know what I will do. Understood?"

And just like that, the officer walked out. 5 minutes later the officer came back to the room, handing the first aid supplies to Seungwoo. Then walking out.

Opening the alcohol pads, Seungwoo went over to Seungsik, gently wiping the dried blood off. "I'm sorry you had to endure that officer's cruelty. He's off your case if that makes you feel better. I'm not letting them near your son anymore." The moment the word son came out of his mouth, Seungsik grabbed his wrist, "My son. Is he ok? Can I see him?"

Seeing the desperation and tiredness of the father's face, Seungwoo's heart broke. It made him want to work even harder to solve what was going on. "Your son is ok. My partner is keeping him company at all times now. He's in great hands. You can trust my partner and I. Please rest assured. I'm here to help you." As Seungwoo's hand moved to touch Seungsik's lip to clean the blood, his lips moved as he said thank you, making Seungwoo's heart skip a beat. Knowing he stared too long, he attempted to step back when his foot got caught on the table's leg. Wobbling, trying to catch his balance when he felt a strong hand around his arm. Turning around seeing that Seungsik was the one who prevented him from falling forward. The two made eye contact, having a moment. As it felt like a minute passed by, Seungwoo cleared his throat, making Seungsik take his hand away, breaking eye contact. "Sorry"