Chapter 27: Restaurant

[ Restaurant ]

"Ahh let's see, what should we order. I'll take a kimchi cold noodle and pork cutlet" San ordered. Thank you."

"I'll just take a regular cold noodle, and pork cutlet. Thank you." Joong ordered without looking at the menu.

"And I'll just have the same as my friend here, a regular cold noodle and pork cutlet. Thank you." Seoho ordered.

Ok, your order will be out in about 15-20 minutes. Thank you." Collecting the menus as the waiter walked away.

The three chatted for only about a minute when Joong's phone pinged. "Oh shot, I forgot to give Felix his textbooks. He also said he wanted to give me a painting he did. He just texted me that he's nearby so I'll be back in about 15 minutes or so." Quickly running to his car closely followed by Seoho.

Leaving San alone sighing as he watches the ice in Joong's water slowly melt in front of him.

"Would you like a refill on your friend's ice?" The waiter came back with a bucket of ice.

"No, it's fine. Thank you." San bowed his head in courtesy. He really wanted to wait till his friends were back in order to go to the bathroom but he didn't know how much longer he needed to wait so he just decided to go as fast as he could. Just as San got back to the table, he saw Joong and Seoho parking the car, walking up to the table.

"Oh the food hasn't come out yet?" Joong rubbed this tummy

"No, it has only been 10 minutes. Probably 5-8 minutes." San answered, cleaning his phone.

"In that case, I'll go to the bathroom."Joong followed Seoho to the restroom.

"Here you go sir, three pork cutlets, two regular cold noodle soup, and 1 kimchi cold noodle." Placing the dishes in each person's places.

The three friends ate and talked about life, school and everything in between... 

[ Their little conversation ]

"Omg that asshole. He dared to talk about how I'm late to class everyday. I'm not late every single day. Geez I hate that kid, Yeonjun." San vented out to his friends.

Joong laughed, "he is literally another you. That Yeonjun kid kinda sounds like you. You should be friends with him."

"Why not? You never know if you'll actually get along if you don't even try." Seoho laughed.

"Hell no. He's literally such a jerk. He has too much confidence, it's so overbearing. I am nothing like that at all." San grunted sarcastically. "Besides, have you guys seen what he wears? So out of the fashion league."

"It's pretty stylish if I say so myself." Joong said, making San make a disgusted face.

[ End of this conversation ]

"Thank you so much for inviting us for dinner, San. It was very nice of you." Joong and Seoho hugged San near his car.

"Drive home safe." San shouted out the window of his car before driving away.

Joong and Seoho POV:

Seoho was just rambling his mouth about something when he felt something wasn't right. "Joong hyung, why did Felix give you that painting of a boy crying in particular?" Silence was what Seoho got for an answer. "Hyung are you-" Turning around for only his heart to almost leap out his mouth. "Hyung! Hyung! YOur going to hit that car!! THE RED LIGHT HYUNG!! Joong!! JOONG!!" Taking the steering wheel just as Joong came back from his daze.

"Seoho" Joong called in a weak voice. "I feel really sick. I feel like I'm going in and out of consciousness. I feel like Imma throw up any second."

"You want me to take you to the hospital?" Seoho asked in full concern of his dazed friend. But Joong was so out of it that he couldn't even respond to Seoho's question. There was no more option for Seoho then just pull Joong out the car himself and drive to the hospital ER.

"Come on Joong. Get it together." Holding Joong's hold as he laid passed out on the stretcher. But thankfully the doctor came in quickly, taking some tests and asking lots of questions then finally getting an answer.

"Unfortunately I didn't get a real result on what's going on with your friend but it does seem like he has severe food poisoning. He may have diarrhea, throw up, and all sorts of symptoms. Please make him drink lots of water to stay hydrated." The doctor diagnosed it, giving Seoho Joong's medicines for it. "You guys can go home."

"Thank you doctor." They both bowed before leaving the hospital.

[At Home]

"AHH your heavy, hyung" Half throwing Joong onto the bed and half collapsing on Joong.

"Fucking San. That liar." Joong muttered out

"What are you talking about?" Seoho sat next to where Joong laid

"It has to be San who did it. He fucking poisoned me!"

"You don't know for sure."

"Seoho, I know you want to believe in San and be on the neutral side but you can't deny this. Who else would it be? Think about it." Throwing up in the trash bag Seoho had given Joong earlier.

Seoho sighed, rubbing his friend's back. "I-I just think something weird is going on. Maybe it's just a coincidence. Maybe it's someone else." Though Seoho did not mention who he thought it might have done it.

"You mean Felix? There's no way. He wasn't even there. We both saw Felix go the other direction. He didn't follow us, he wasn't even at the restaurant. No way it's him." Joong concluded, laying back down.

"Ya hyung, remember your note? 'A friend is a foe, a foe is a friend.' That could be talking about Felix and San. But let's not talk about it right now. You need rest. One thing for sure. You are not going back to school for two days so get plenty of rest. Call me when you need me. I'll be in my room." Seoho got up, leaving Joong half asleep. "Oh, I'll let Ravn know too. Good night."

"Thank you Seoho." Joong whispered before drifting to sleep.

[ Next Day ]

"Hey where's Joong?" San saw Seoho walking alone to his class.

Seoho stopped walking and without looking at San, he answered, "At home. Doctor said food poisoning."

"It's not me. It's not me. I swear it's not me. You have to believe me, Seoho." San panicked, violently shaking Seoho's short sleeve

"Who else?" Seoho slowly turned to face San. "Who else would it be? No one (meaning Joong and Ravn) believes you, especially you were the only one at the restaurant. There was no Felix and there was no Changbin. It was only you, San. No one else."

"Seoho. You have to fucking beleive me. It's. Not. Me." Looking right into Seoho's eyes as he gripped Seoho's shoulder.

"San, you know I try to believe you but it's getting harder and harder. At this point, no one believes you." Seoho held onto San's shoulder.

"Seoho. Wait." Catching Seoho's arm before he walked away

"What now, San?"

"Please. Just keep believing me. Please. I know Joong doesn't but please don't give up." After exchanging a few more words unrelated to Joong, they went their separate ways.

"Hey San." Seoho called back. "Don't approach or talk to me again." Then slowly walking away a pain in his heart.

??? POV:

"So is the plan set?" A males voice asked.

"Yes sir." Three boys answered at once.

"Now son, is there something bothering you that you aren't telling me?" The male voice called out.

"No sir." The boy kept his poker face on, not wanting to get on his father's bad side.

"Good. Now all three of you, get ready for the last preparation and we will be ready."

The two males laughed evilly.