Chapter 33: Holy F*ck

[ At the hospital ]

"Hello sir, what can I help you with?" The lady behind the desk asked to see Ravn walk in alone.

"My friends have been beaten really badly. I need help! I need nurses to get them from my car. They need help now!" Ravn frantically said.

"This is an emergency, sir?" The lady asked as he chewed on her gum, not even looking at who she was talking to.

"YES! THIS IS AN EMERGENCY! One of them is literally unconscious! Does that count as an emergency??!! Or do they need to die?!" Ravn almost sounded like he was yelling rapping, pissed off at this nurse's attitude.

"Calm down sir. I'll go get some nurses to help you." The lady rolled her eyes, picking up the phone to call for a few nurses.

"Calm down?! If they die, I am suing you, Ms.!" Trying his best not to cuss out at this lady who is seriously getting on his nerves.

Eventually Joong and Seoho were wheeled into the emergency room which now are both getting examined for any serious injuries. The nurses found Seoho in a much better condition than Joong who had a broken ribs, a broken arm, minor internal bleeding, and an overall bruised body. And Seoho only had a fracture in one wrist, 2 bruised ribs, and bruises everywhere.

"How are you holding up, Seoho?" Ravn held Seoho's hand into his, trying to ease the pain.

"I'm ok." Seoho spoke quietly then started sobbing uncontrollably. "I'm so sorry Ravn. I couldn't protect Joong and now he's in a much worse condition than me. I'm so sorry!" Wincing, holding onto his ribs like he was trying to control the pain.

"Hey shhhh, stop crying, you're going to hurt yourself more. it's ok Seoho. It's not your fault. Shhhh there, there. It's ok.'' Hugging Seoho by his head, wiping away the tears.

"Ravn, there-there's one more thing." Looking up at Ravn who looked like he was barely holding in the tears.

"What is it, Seoho?"

"San's boyfriend, Woong. He's probably really worried right now at home. I can give you San's address. Please check on him." Seoho handed a piece of paper with San's address on it.

"Bu-but, I can't leave you here."

"We'll be ok. I asked for the nurses to call my parents." (A/n: Remember both of them are doctors.)

"Ok. Call me if you need anything."

Ravn left still deeply concerned for both of his friends but went to San's house just like Seoho told him to. However, the moment he parked his car, he could feel something very bad had happened in this house. And it was confirmed the moment he stepped into the house.

"This lock picking kit really came in handy" Ravn thought, looking down at the kit with the letter "Y" engraved on it.

Ravn found the inside side of the door scratched like a dog clawing to get out. As he walked around the kitchen, he found a small knife laying there on the counter, the sharp side covered in blood. As he took a step forward, he felt his shoe stepped into something wet. Looking down there was a small pool of blood with drops of blood making a trail to somewhere. "Holy fuck." Were the words Ravn could even say. Before following the blood trail, he walked into the bathroom, he gagged at the smell of sweat and puck. He quickly walked out and decided to just follow the blood trial.

That's when he saw it. The scene made all the blood drained from his face, the worst scenarios running through his head. A single shattered vase laid just next to a broken window with blood around it. It dawned on him, Woong had gone into a space in his mind where he felt his life was in danger due to his fear of abandonment. He felt the need to escape or so called his fight-or-flight response.

Ravn had so much emotion sink into him. Ranging from sad, guilt, irritated, frustrated. At one point he didn't know what emotion to feel. He felt numb then hatred sank in. Hatred towards San who left Woong all alone here knowing damn well Woong couldn't be left alone like that. Hadred to San who cheated on Woong multiple times. Hatred towards Felix and Changbin who was behind all this mess. Hatred towards Jongho for..he doesn't even know what to think about it. Hatred to everything he could ever think of.

This is the moment where Ravn had changed completely into a whole different person. From this point on, Ravn never smiled and if he did, it was only for the sake of his friends. He never cracked a joke, always alert, protective, cold expression on his face at all times like someone sucked all other emotions out of him.

Ravn took out his phone, taking pictures of everything. In the bedroom, Ravn took a tiger stuffed animal with him just in case. Then left just like that. Well I mean not quite like that.

He left a note that said: 

I was the nicest to you. I never yelled, I never purposely made you mad. If I did, I would beg you to forgive me. I would do anything to make you feel better. I was a good boyfriend yet you left me here to beg like a dog with my hands bloodied to get out. And you just left me here. I thought you loved me but I was wrong. I was so desperate that I didn't even think about the back door, all I thought about was to escape. During that time, I didn't see any escape until I saw the knife. I cut myself to relive pain I no longer can control. I walked around the house, leaving a trial of my blood. Eventually finding a vase, breaking the window. I escaped and now I leave you this note. I hope you are happy. Good bye.

Signed, Woong

A tear slipped down Ravn's eyes by the time he put the pen down. He forged Woong's handwriting as best as he could and left all the blood and broken things there just for San to remember what he did when he came back home. This was revenge in Ravn's eyes.

Woo POV:

"How is he, doctor?" Woo's mom covered Woo up with the blanket seeing him shiver as he slept.

"I just checked his x-ray and unfortunately it seems like he has 2 broken fingers on his right hand and 1 broken finger on the left. He also has a couple bruised ribs and overall a bruised body."

"Oh god. Oh my god. My poor baby." Woo's mom broke on the chair, crying.

"I'm so sorry, Ms. Jung. I will assure you we will take care of your son. Wooyoung is a very very strong boy." The nurse sat next to Woo's mom trying to comfort her.

Hwa POV:

"Does anyone know if this patient has any family members?" Nurse 1 asked

"No he doesn't. I just checked and there's no one. I contacted his mother but I don't want to say what she told me." Nurse 2 looked down, and didn't want to repeat the harsh words Hwa's mother had said to her.

"Who called 911 for him then?" Nurse 1 ask

"A boy did but he didn't follow us. He demanded for us to bring him to this hospital and not any other ones. He said he has friends here but it's not a priority right now." Nurse 2 ordered.

"Who do we have here?" A doctor put on a gown and gloves, listening to the nurses report.

"His name is Park Seonghwa. He is 18 years old. Seems like he was beaten during graduation. Reports show he has two bruised rib on the right and one of the left, broken right arm, dislocated left shoulder, and bruises mostly on his upper body." Shivering at how many injuries that came out of her mouth as she read the report.

"Alright. Let's set aside emotions for now and focus on the patient." The doctor looked at Hwa, examining where he should treat first.

San POV:

"This is Choi San. He is 18 years old. He got ambushed and beaten in a alleyway by two boys just before graduation. Mom and dad have been contacted and the mom is on the way but the father is in another country. It seemed like he was at one time bounded by his hands and somehow escaped, causing the deep laceration on his wrist. He is also suffering from some kind poisoning, minor crack on the upper left rib, dislocated right shoulder, and difficulty breathing." Nurse 1's eyes grew big like she was reading a whole essay of injuries. While all 6 nurses were all hands on deck, working to save San.

"Well what are you waiting for? Let's prepare for surgery right now! Come on, come on! Let's patch him up for now and let's roll him into surgery. We need to patch up that broken rib asap! Also check why he's having difficulty breathing at the same time!" The doctor as the nurses were running around, getting everything ready.