Chapter 43: I lied; Caught Again

[ 1 week later ]

"Seoho! Seoho! Hello! You're going to be late for class! SEOHOOOO!!" Ravn yelled at the bottom of the stairs. "Ugh this boy I swear." 

Walking up the stairs, knocking on Seoho's door, "Hey if you don't answer I'm going to open the door." He called through the door. "Ok I'm coming in." Opening the door there was Seoho on the bed, a blanket pulled over his head as the blanket quiver. "Seoho? Seoho? Are you ok?" Rushing to his side, shaking his shoulder.

"Ravn I can't." Plunging himself onto Ravn, balling his eyes out.

"Seoho calm down. What's going on? Why are you crying?" Ravn rubbed Seoho's back. A calm morning turned into an unexpected situation.

"I can't keep hiding it anymore. I'm sorry. I-I have something to confess. Remember you asked me if I saw Hwa's body and I told you no beecause Joong shut the door in my face before I could go into the basement?" Seoho asked as he choked on his tears.

"Yeah I remember. What about it, Hoho?"

"I lied. I saw Hwa's body before Joong noticed me and not after. I heard Joong screaming and I secretly opened the door to see if Joong was ok. As I was closing the door, I accidentally jiggled the door knob and that's how Joong found me trying to open the door which in reality I was closing it."

"Why didn't you tell me in the first place, Hoho?" Now understanding what was burdening him. 

"Be-because I didn't want you to tell Joong. I didn't want you guys to worry about me. I was thinking of telling you but after I went home with you that night, I heard you cry yourself to sleep after you took me to bed. You thought I fell asleep but I didn't and that's how I heard you. I knew you were trying to hold us together and be strong so I didn't want to put more pressure on you."

"Oh my Hoho, I'm sorry I worried you. But you should've told me. I could've been there for you. I'm sorry you had to keep that to yourself." Squeezing Seoho's hand, tears on the brim of his eyes.

"Ravn, that goes for you to. Stop burdening yourself. Aren't we friends? We should lean on each other's shoulders. I know you want to handle things yourself but I know you're exhausted. A million things are on your plate, don't think I don't know that. Share your burden with me and I'll share mine. It's ok to cry, Ravn." Gripping Ravn's hands reassuring him.

At last Ravn caved in, finally letting himself fall into Seoho's embrace. First time showing his tears with his best friend. Seoho could feel Ravn's fingers grip tightly to his shirt. "It's going to be ok, Ravn."

"I'm sorry." Ravn choked up.

"There's nothing to be sorry about. You did well." Letting himself cry along with his friend.

[ 10 minutes later ]

"Are you ok?" Seoho asked as he felt Ravn let go.

"I'm fine. Now you need to fly like superman to school otherwise you're going to be late." Slapping Seoho on the back (in a playful/fatherly way).

"I know I know...dad." Seoho teased, rolling his eyes. Receiving another playful punch from Ravn.

"Hey before you leave, promise me what just happened is between you and me. Got it?" Extending his pinky for a promise.

"Ugh here we go again with the 'between you and me' thing." Seoho rolled his eyes, walking down the stairs.

"If you don't promise me, I will tell Joong you saw Hwa. I think that's more serious than what I'm asking you to promise me."