Chapter 4: Something's off

[After School ]

Joong POV:

"Today has been weird, hasn't it?" Seoho asked as the two walked to their meeting spot, meaning the cafe.

"Yeah it really has. Nothing weird happened...I mean we didn't see anything. But it just feels odd, it feels weird. It's an eerie kinda feeling. I don't know how to describe it." Joong walked side by side with Seoho. "Something's off for sure."

As they rounded the corner, they spotted their friend sitting at the table with a cup of coffee with their back to them.

"It's been a while hasn't it? One year? Half a year? It's nice to see you again." Ravn cooly said, still having his back to them.

"How'd you know it was us?" Seoho asked in amazement

"By your footsteps of course." Ravn turned around, looking down at their shoes.

"You're too good Youngjo." The two sat down in front of him.

At the sound of his real name, his smile immediately fell, replaced with a cold expression. "I thought we established that my name is Ravn now. Don't ever call me the other name again."

"Sorry Ravn I-It was just a slip of a tongue. I won't call you that again." Joong lowered his head to a bow.

"It feels weird doesn't it? Feels like some fishy things happened today. Anything happened today, detectives?" Ravn raised his eyebrows making Seoho and Joong look at each other like how did Ravn know.

"If you're wondering how I knew. It's by your body language. You "speak" too loud. So what happened?" Ravn listened, sipping his coffee.

Joong and Seoho took turns talking about the new kid and what happened to Woong today. "But we don't think San has met him yet."

Ravn chuckled leaving the two puzzled, the smile once there vanished. "You're stupid right?"

"What?" shocked at the sharp response

"Based on everything you said, you REALLY think he hasn't met him? Are you two serious right now? Think about it, San forgot about Woong, San is known as THE player. I fucking doubt he hasn't met him. He knows everyone, even the ones that are new. I bet on 2 banana milk and fried chicken."

Joong and Seoho smacked their lips to prevent them from laughing at Ravn's banana milk and chicken bet. They knew if they laughed he would tell them off and potentially yell at them since he is quite the serious person. "I-I mean-we-we don't 100% know but-"

"So you're not 100% sure, then how would you know? I thought you guys had real stuff to tell me. Next time you want to meet me for this matter, make sure you know your stuff and have actual proof. I'm a busy man as a trainee and I'm sure you are too, as a student and as my men." With that Ravn got up from his seat and walked out of the cafe with one hand holding his coffee and the other with a duffle bag.

A/n: When Ravn says they are his men, he meant like his spy that reports to him on everything at school.

"He's changed. It's sad to see him like this." Seoho looked down at his hands, clasping his coffee cup.

"Yeah I know. Me too. He's so cold now. He used to be so much more fun and with brightness in his eyes. That incident really fucked him up didn't it. I just hope nothing else happens. But I have a feeling things will get much much worse. And I feel like he will change into a different person once again." Joong picked up his backpack as he watched Ravn's last silhouette disappear into the distance. 

************************

A/n: Hi guys sorry I didn't post yesterday. I was exhausted from school but I'm here now :) Also I realized I didn't put the CES (chapter ending song) on previous chapters. Sorry about that! I will try my best to remember to put CES in every chapter ending! Hope your enjoying the story so far. I promise it's going to get good soon! Please stay excited! Lots of love from A/n!❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Today's CES: Zombie by Purple Kiss!