Chapter 22: Battle of Cheeses

Joong POV:

"Ughh school is finally done for today. Not a good day today. I even almost got punched by my own friend, can you even believe that?" Joong stretched arms in the air as he walked on the sidewalk with Seoho.

"Yeah but we still have to go see Ravn." Seoho sighed as he rolled his neck to relieve his stiff neck. "I swear to god, Ravn scares the shit out of me."

"What nonsense are you talking about? He's not scary at all. I mean he's scary when he is mad sometimes."

"He's scary to me all the time." Seoho faked shivers even though they're all friends. "Um Joong? Did-did you tell Ravn about me seeing Jongho when I got food poisoning?

Joong slowed his pace to get more time to talk to Seoho before reporting to Ravn. "No I didn't."

"But didn't he say we should report to him immediately if we ever saw Jongho again?" Seoho interjected

"Seoho, the thing is I'm not certain if you did see him. Didn't Ravn say we always need evidence? That's why I didn't mention it. Besides I don't think he has anything to do with this."

"I still think we should at least mention it to Ravn." The both of them stopped just before the cafe door. Joong nodded hesitantly but agreed in the end.

Walking to the same meeting spot after ordering their coffees, they saw Ravn sitting in his formal posture sipping his ice coffee. "So what have you found out since the last time we met?"

"Felix ordered a sandwich with swiss cheese. Hwa thinks he had a sandwich with Mozzarella cheese. And San says he got a sandwich with Mozzarella for Hwa. It doesn't look good on San. Maybe he somehow opened the sandwich and switched the cheese-wait. Actually that doesn't even make sense. Pretend I didn't say that." Scratching his neck.

"Maybe Hwa messed up what cheese was in it. Some people don't pay attention to that. Besides, he might have forgotten since it's been a couple of days." Seoho spoke up for the first time during these meetings.

Ravn sat there silently listening to Joong and Seoho's theories. "Maybe he bought two sandwiches."

"But grandma (the cafeteria lady) said that only one sandwich was paid."

"Who says it has to be from the cafeteria? Maybe it was from a nearby convenience store or cafe. Or he bought it with cash."

Joong looks at Ravn, "If he did buy another sandwich with cash, there's no way we can check it out."

Ravn nodded knowing Joong was right about that. He was deep in thought when he noticed Joong and Seoho were nudging each other's arm. "Why do you guys look like you are hiding something from me?"

"Oh um well um" Joong struggled as Ravn's gaze on him intensified

"I think I saw Jongho while I was at the mart." Seoho quickly said getting it over with.

Ravn's gaze softened before looking at Seoho. "Seoho dear, this isn't the time to joke around. When did you see him?"

"I saw him, uh I don't know, maybe a week ago or longer."

"A week ago, Joong, came to see me and you didn't bother to mention that? Remember that I told you, crystal clear that if you EVER have any information about him, I'm the first to know. What happened with that deal?" Glancing harshly at both of them. Refraining from punching the desk.

"We didn't have evidence and we thought that maybe it was a coincidence that someone may have looked like him. That's why I didn't report. I'm very sorry."

"I don't care if you have evidence if you have seen him or not. I need to know! Do you understand, both of you?!" Leaning closer to the two boys making them scared to even move a muscle.

"Nae (yes)." The both of them said in unison like they were being yelled by a drill sergeant.

"Next time if you ever think you saw him, report to me right away. You both are dismissed." This time Ravn stayed at the cafe for a bit longer while Joong and Seoho left to go home first.

Ravn POV:

As Ravn stared at the window after Joong and Seoho left, he decided to finally go back to (Min)HopeWorld Entertainment where his members were practicing for their upcoming stage performance for their promotion. Walking down the street, minding his own business when he saw a boy walk into another street. To Ravn that boy was just any boy, to Ravn it looked like Jongho! "Hey wait wait!" Trying to catch up to the person. As he rounded the corner he didn't see the same guy but Changbin. "Changbin, what are you doing here? Did you see a guy walk past wearing a blue hoodie with a printed brown bear on the chest by any chance?"

"Nope. But I did see someone wearing a pastel tie dyed shirt. Hey where are you going?" Seeing Ravn walking away, looking through store windows. "Also how do you know my name is Changbin?"

"Well, Felix talked about you before and saw you guys in the halls." Half lying but in truth, Ravn has seen Changbin before. "Well anyways, are you sure you didn't see anyone?" Continuing looking through store windows down the street, knowing the guy didn't walk that far in a short amount of time.

"Yes hyung, I'm sure. Why is this guy so important?"

"Nevermind, forget about it. I have to go to work anyways. See you around, Changbin." Ravn said his last goodbyes before leaving Changbin there standing alone.

Changbin POV:

"Why did you make Felix wear a pastel dyed shirt and walk over here? Were you testing Ravn? Do you even know him?" Bin asked the person that just came from the hidden alleyway, wearing a blue hoodie with a bear on the chest area. Without getting an answer Felix and Changbin both poked each side of his arm. "Hello, I'm asking you a question."

"He's alive. He's alive! How is he alive?! He can't be here." He kept repeating in his head until he felt Felix and Changbin poking his arm, getting his attention back. "I don't know him. Come on, let's go." Putting each arm around Felix and Changbin's neck, leading them back home.

Ravn POV:

The whole way he walked to the company, the boy was still lingering in his mind. It didn't even go away during dance practice. In fact, Ravn got in trouble because of it.

"Ravn ssi, is there something bothering you? You're beginning to distract your members as well. If you can't pull it together, please get some air. If something serious is bothering you, you can talk to me after class." The dance teacher crossed his arm, losing his patient with Ravn.

Ravn felt bad especially because this dance teacher was once an idol himself, in the most influential kpop group ever. A legend, an iconic figure in the kpop industry. People even call him the dance king, though sometimes he can be serious as a teacher. "I'm very sorry. I will focus on dancing now, Hoseok ssi." Bowing deeply knowing his teacher was just looking out for him.

"Good. Now let's start from the beginning, shall we." Turning on the music again. This time Ravn tried his hardest to push the subject for later, working hard on his dance.