Chapter 9:

Third person pov:

As the week passed, the bullying got worse and worse. It was bad enough, but it didn't get better when both Felix and Changbin were absent for the past few days on some "business trip". However, San got closer to Hwa, to the point where he felt some kind of spark. He started following Hwa almost everywhere, because he felt the responsibility of keeping Hwa safe or is it? Or is it because he wants Hwa? Is it because he's obsessed with him? Is he abandoning his boyfriend, Woong?

\\ Saturday //

San was following far behind Hwa, or close enough so he wouldn't lose sight of him. As he was about to turn the corner to follow him into the store, a rough hand grabbed his shoulder from behind.

"Look what we have here."

"Youngjo"

"It's Ravn now actually. Nice to see you here" exaggerating the last sentence

"Are you following me?"

"I should be the one asking you that question, are YOU following someone?"

San stayed silent at the question, not knowing what to do, knowing how Ravn feels towards him.

"So you are. I've heard you've been following the new kid everywhere. Obsessed maybe? Another target of yours?"

"I see that you have a little birdie man. I feel like I have probation officers."

"Maybe you should. Have you ever considered that?"

"Have you considered you're an ass."

"At least I don't go sleeping with different people every other day. At least I'm loyal. Tell me why are you following him?!"

"One, mind your own business-

"Your business is my business" Ravn interjected making San frown

San scoffed, "And 2 I'm NOT following him. I am protecting him."

"Protecting? My ass. Why?"

"Because of two people. Felix and Changbin, they're suspicious. Their intentions are off, it's weird."

"Huh. Never heard of them. Are you just trying to cover up the fact you're fucking obsessed with him?"

"No I'm not. I'm dead serious right now, Ravn or whatever your name is. If you're so good at following people, why don't you investigate yourself." Throwing Ravn's hand off his arm.

"You think I will believe you right now? Everything you said and did last year was a complete lie. You only do things for your own fucking benefit. You didn't care if you hurt someone. You've hurt so many people San, how many more are you going to hurt? I won't let you hurt Hwa. I won't let you. You stay away from him."

"You want me to tell you the truth!? Fine I will. I love Hwa. I care about him! Call it obsessed or whatever. I don't care. I'm going to protect him, whatever I can do I will."

"Are you hearing yourself? You sound fucking insane San. You just want him. Besides, you're just going to abandon your current boyfriend, Woong? Like the time you cheated on him with Jungwoo? What a fucking asshole you are. Why are you abandoning him? You know it's his fear. You're the one causing all the trouble."

"I wasn't cheating on him and I'm not now!" San shouted

"You were dating ME when you were dating him. I think that's considered cheating, don't you think?"

"I was not! We were already broken up before I dated you."

"I was a YOUR SUBSTITUTE because your lonely ass can't live without fucking someone. (in this sentece, fucking has two meanings: 1. The actual thing. You know that. 2. Messing people's emotion/life) You started dating me a week before you broke up with Woong. You knew that. But then when you found Woong in the park after his mom kicked him out, you went back to him like nothing happened between us."

"You weren't a substitute. I liked you." San stepped closer to Ravn.

"You LIKED me. Bullshit. I'm sorry San. I don't condone cheating. You should feel guilty. Karma will bite you in the ass sooner or later." With that Ravn pushed San away and walked away.

[ Flashback ]

one year ago...

Friday after school, San decided to visit a cafe called "MoonSun's Cafe"

"Hello, welcome to MoonSun's Cafe, what can I get for you." A brown haired boy greeted

"I'll just have an Americano."

"All right, coming right up."

"You're cute when you make coffee."

Youngjo laughed out of shyness, "thank you"

"Do you like working here?"

"I have to like it, otherwise my mom is going to whoop my ass." Youngjo laughed. "My mom is the owner of this cafe which is part of the name of the store. Her name is Solar. I just work here to help her out and have something to do other than school. But money is a bonus. I told my mom she didn't have to pay me but she says she treats every employee the same so I get paid."

"Ah I see. When does your shift end? I was thinking I could take you to a restaurant to grab dinner."

"Are you asking me on a date?" Ravn shyly smiled

"Yes I am. I'm quite a straightforward person so yes I am. You're cute. Who wouldn't want to take a cute cafe guy out for a meal. Or be the meal." San winked

Laughing, knowing what San meant with his last sentence. "Hmm sure why not. You're not bad if I say so myself. My shift ends about 2 hours so where do you want to meet?"

"Let's meet at the restaurant around the corner."

"Here's your Americano and a coupon and sure see you there."

This is how Ravn and San's relationship sparked. The date went well and even decided to keep going out. Even doing some fun things together that night...(you know what I mean 😉 ) Ravn, however unaware San had a boyfriend.

\\ 1 week later //

San sat Woong down at the sofa getting ready to tell him something important.

"What did you want to tell me?" Woong took off his backpack thinking it might take a while.

"San took his hands into his to try to comfort him, "I-I'm sorry Woong. I-I let's break up. I know it's been hard for you since you're younger than me and people keep bullying you. I don't want you to get bullied because of me. I'm sorry." Making an excuse.

Woong honestly was shocked that he had to let that sink in for a minute before replying. He didn't really care if he was bullied if he was with his boyfriend, Woong loves San so much. But he loves him so much that he would do anything for him, even breaking up. "O-ok um ok I understand. I-I understand. Sure let-let's break up. I hope we can still be friends." Picking up with a backpack, not forgetting to bow to the older then taking off for home.

Woong was unaware of the trauma he was about to experience a week later coming back home.

Woong POV:

Woong was walking home when he suddenly got a terrible feeling as he got closer to his house. Not thinking much, he opened the door, welcomed by a slap by his mother...

End of Flashback

A/n: I just want to clarify a couple things. 1. If you're thinking isn't Ravn's mom a police officer, you are right. He also has another mom that is a cafe owner. So yes he does have two moms. Also just to clarify, San knows Ravn because of school when he asked him on a date in the cafe. This happened only 4 months into the school year of last year when this happened. In the end I said "Woong was unaware of the trauma he was about to experience a week later coming back home." I was talking about the event he described in the beginning, where his mom kicked him out. I'm really sorry if this is confusing. 

CES: Dark Dream by E'Last