Chapter 35: Going Home

Joong POV:

"Ugh I'm so sick of this hospital food." Joong groaned as he pushed away the tray of food.

"Mmm, the jello tastes good." Seoho put a piece of orange jello in his mouth.

Joong shook his head, rolling his eyes as he plopped back onto the bed. "I just want real food."

"This is real food. You just don't want to eat vegetables." Stabbing a piece of lettuce onto his fork. "Hey on the bright side, we were roomies the whole time."

"Oh my geez, thank god. If I weren't with you, I think I would've gone crazy." Messing up his hair.

"I think I would have been fine. Peace and quiet." Seoho doing a meditation pose, teasing him.

"YA!" Throwing a pillow at Seoho. "You want to go for a walk?" Putting on his fuzzy slippers.

"Yeah, sure." Following Joong with his bear slippers, pushing his IV pump.

"I know you want to go home, but you need aftercare at home and it-it's just we can keep an eye on you and make sure you're safe." Joong and Seoho overheard nurse 1 talking to a patient.

"I-I can take care of myself. I don't want to be here anymore." The patient argued

"Sweetheart, I'm sorry to say this but you don't have family members or anywhere to stay. We checked. I'm sorry." Nurse 2 being more assertive.

"What's going on in that room?" Joong asked the nurse at the nurse station, pointing at the room where the conversation was heard.

"Patient has been here for 2 weeks. He wants to go home really bad but we can't let him go." The nurse replied, giving Joong and Seoho each a lollipop.

"Hyung, isn't that his voice?" Nudging Joong's arm. "Nurse, what is his name?" Seoho leaned over the counter.

"Sorry, we can't tell you. It's against privacy rule." Giving Seoho another lollipop.

"His name is Park Seonghwa, isn't it?" Joong tried to push for an answer even though he already knew the answer.

The nurse slowly looked up from her computer. "Yes, it is. Are you his friends? Someone had said his friends were here at the same hospital but we didn't try to look since it wasn't our priority at that time."

"Yeah, we are. Is it ok if we visit him?" Joong urgently asked. "Also can he come home with us?"

"Let's see how he is physically and if he agrees. Come on, let's go see him." Gesturing for the two boys to follow her.

"Joong! Seoho!" Hwa sat up seeing them walk in.

"Wanna come home with us?" They asked at once, not wanting to waste no time.

[ 3:00 PM ] 

"Yesss, finally busting out of here." Hwa stretched in his regular clothes.

"I know right. I can taste freedom..." Joong cheered with his hands up but slowly stopped, seeing something that caught his eyes. "Mr. Seungwoo, (one of Seoho's dad) can you help Hwa here to the car first? I have something to do before leaving."

"Sure. Come on Hwa, let's go taste some freedom first and maybe some ice cream too from downstairs." Looping an arm around Hwa for stability.

"What's wrong, hyung?" Seoho stood close behind Joong, watching Hwa and his dad enter the elevator.

"Look." Pointing to a white binder on the nurse's desk.

"Oh what the heck? We were all in the same hospital, same unit, but different rooms?" The two couldn't take their eyes off the binder, like they were in a trance.