Chapter 16: Seoho's Background pt1

Seoho was born in a lovely family with his mom (Karina) and dad (Seungsik). During Seoho's early childhood, he was the only child which he was happy about and his parents were too. When Seoho was about 5 years old, the age when kids start to remember things. One day Karina told them that she has a business trip to attend, leaving Seungsik to take care of Seoho alone for almost a year. However one afternoon, Seungsik was going grocery shopping with his son when he spotted Karina with another man, holding hands and her head resting on the man's shoulder. What was even more shocking was she was 6-7 months pregnant and instantly he knew it wasn't his.

Heartbroken, he and his 5 year-old Seoho left the grocery store forgetting the stuff he came there for. A week passed without any disturbance when one particular night, Seungsik heard loud banging on the door. Opening the door, revealing Karina standing there without notifying him. Being Seungsik himself, he always tries to reason before doing anything dramatic. He wanted to talk it out. However, even before he could start his sentence, Karina started loudly shouting, "Where is my son? What have you done to my son? Where is my son?"

Not wanting her to wake their son, who had trouble sleeping. He tried calming her down. "Karina hun, please don't shout. Hoho (or Aegi (baby) Hoho was his nickname his parents gave him) is sleeping. He's already having terrible nightmares and a terrible time falling asleep." And all of sudden Karina shoved him to the wall yelling, "You fucking monster. Why do you keep my child away from me?! I will get you arrested, watch me." Having been so confused about what was wrong with his wife, he tried to take her outside but she kept pushing back. This when they started fighting and shouting half inside and half outside the house. Not knowing Seoho was awake, listening. Scared as he hid under his blankets. 

\\ Next Morning //

"Aegi Hoho, are you feeling alright?" Seungsik asked to see his son not eating breakfast and avoiding eye contact with his dad.

All the son did was nod his head, "nae (yes)"

Knowing well that his son did instead have something on his mind. Moving his seat next to Seoho, soothing his hair. "You know you can tell appa (dad) anything right? I won't get mad." Still his son just nodded his head without saying a word. "Hoho my son, were you possibly woken up last night by loud noises?" Implying the argument the mom and dad had. Again his son nodded saying, "Appa (dad). Eomma (mom)."

Confirming that Seoho did hear the fight, Seungsik embraced his son, rubbing his small back. "Don't worry Hoho. It's going to be ok. I will keep you safe, I promise." With that, he picked his son up, carrying him to his room to change then bringing him to school.

For the next week, Karina would go back home late at night, around 12-2 AM, yelling at Seungsik about how he "stole" her son away from her, that he would regret everything and how terrible father he is. And sometimes would go to his workplace, disturbing everyone. Each time lasting for about half an hour or more when it is at home. Even worse, sometimes it was so loud that some neighbors would call to check what was happening. At this point, Seungsik was lacking more and more sleep, still needing to take care of Seoho and go to work at the same time. Unprepared what was coming next...

On this particular Tuesday, Seungsik was relieved that Karina did not come to his workplace today and had a pretty uneventful day. However, this time he heard knocking in the early early morning around 4 AM. The only difference of this knocking was the voice of two police officers with Karina.

"Is there something I can help with, officers?" Carefully greeting them unsure what this all meant.

"You are Seungsik? The dad of Seoho?" The officers asked, hands on their hips. Nodding with fear, Seungsik started to have some bad feelings. "Yes I am. What is this all about?"

"You are under arrest for keeping your son hostage and child cruelty." One of the officers grabbed the handcuff, cuffing it in Seungsik's hands. While the other officer stormed into Seoho's room.

"Wait! My son is sleeping. Please don't distu-" Too late as he heard his son scream "Appa '' and cry out loud. "It's ok Hoho. It's going to be ok. Appa is right here. I'm not going to leave you." As his son was taken away and Seungsik was pushed into the officer's car.

\\ In the interrogation room //

"Officer, I don't understand what is happening. I have never hurt my son. I never held him hostage in any situation at all."

"Mr. Seungsik, I have been told by your wife that you refused her to see him (Seoho) and even physically pushed her away. And reports of you yelling and hurting her while hurting your son."

"That's ridiculous, officer. I have never done such things. I only pushed her away because I feared for my son's and my safety. She was going to take Seoho away from me."

The officer was silent for a second when he suddenly stood up, slapping Seungsik across the face with his own casefile. "Bullshit! You big fat fucking liar! You think I will believe you over a pregnant woman? You're sick!" Walking out of the room leaving Seungsik's lips bleeding.

A/n: DISCLAIMER: This is just a story! Please remember people are innocent until proven guilty! Please do NOT take this the wrong way. Thank you!

\\ Meanwhile in Seoho's interrogation room //

BAM the officer who carried Seoho to the police car slammed both of his fists onto the table, scaring the crap out of the shaking and crying Seoho. "YOU LIAR! You just want to protect your dad, don't you! I bet your shitty father told you to say these things to save his own ass."

"N-no, I promise you officer. He never hit me. I promise. I'm telling you the truth. My daddy loves me." Wiping the tears overflowing his eyes.

"Your dad doesn't love you. You useless kid" The officer spit out before exiting the room, leaving poor Seoho alone whimpering for his dad. 

A/n: Hi I'm actually surprised I'm updating right now haha. I'll try to update Saturday and Sunday also since I know for sure I ain't updating during the week next week! Thanks for reading! 

CES: Rollercoaster by DKB