Chapter 19: Partners

A/n: Can we appreciate how cute and precious this Seoho picture is??? Umm hello it's hella cute. He's such a cutie. Also don't forget to stream Luna (ONEUS comeback!!) Now onto the story!

*Back to the present*

[On the phone]

JoongELF: Seoho? Seoho I'm so sorry I yelled at you

SEOhoho: This isn't Seoho. I'm Seoho's other half.

JoongELF: Oh sorry. KeonHee, right? How have you been?

HeeHee: I'm good. Seoho is sleeping on my lap. Why are you sorry? What did you do to my baby?" Keonhee squinted his eyes on the other side of the phone.

JoongELF: I accidentally yelled too loud and he got scared. I'm so sorry. Please don't beat me up. I want to apologize to him.

HeeHee: You can come over and apologize to him. He'll probably wake up in an hour or so. You might want to buy some food though.

JongELF: Fine, I'll come in an hour or so.

\\ 1 hour later //

"Hey, long time no see. It's good to see you again." Joong reached out to hug Keonhee who opened the door.

"You too, hyung. Um Seoho is in the bedroom. He just woke up not too long ago." Leading Joong to Keonhee's room. "I'll leave you too alone now. Holler if you need something, I'll be in the living room."

Joong nodded before entering the room. Seoho looked up, not very surprised to see his friend. "What are you doing here?" Cuddling a fox stuffed animal.

"Can I sit on the bed with you?" Joong asked which Seoho nodded, moving to make space.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you. I didn't mean it. Please don't be mad." Playing with the blanket, anxiously waiting for Seoho's answer.

To Joong's surprise, Seoho hugged him, wrapping his arm around Joong's stomach. "It's ok. I know you didn't mean it. I only walked away because I needed a quiet space to calm myself which is here with my boyfriend.

"Seoho." Joong turned to look at his friend. "Mmm?" Signalling for him to continue. "Do you think San's telling the truth? Do you think it's one of Hwa's friends?"

"Well, you know what I would do. We're both journalists/detectives so we can figure things out. What do you say, partner?" Extending his hand for a handshake

Slowly Joong nodded, taking Seoho's hand. "Let's do what Ravn always tells us to do. Evidence before reporting."

\\ Next Day //

*After School Hours*

"Heeey partner!" Seoho skipped over to Joong

"You're going to keep calling me partner until we solve this, aren't you?" Faking to be annoyed

"Mayyybeeee" Seoho said in a peppy voice, making a tiny squirrel jump to alien himself next to Joong. "Who are we researching first?"

"Seonghwa's closest friend, Felix. And we are going to visit the cafeteria first" Joong confidently walked towards the door.

"Uh hyung? We are in the cafeteria. Are you, are you good?" Tilting his head

"I totally knew that. I was just testing you. Come on, let's go. We don't have that much time."

The two of them walked into the cafeteria where now there were way less people, just a couple of students buying snacks.

"Excuse me, grandma (not really their grandma but all the students especially for those in their senior years call her that.)" Leaning on the counter.