Chapter 53: Surprise!

The two layed there for about 2 hours when Joong's phone woke him up.

SEOhoho: WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU?? KEONHEE, RAVN AND I ARE WAITING FOR YOU GUYS!! DID YOU FORGET ABOUT THE PARTY??!!

Joong went silent for a second before answering.

SEOhoho: You forgot didn't you? Just come home please. We will be waiting...Joong.

"Oh shit" Joong internally cursed at himself for forgetting Hwa's accomplishment party.

"Hwa, it's getting late. We better get going. The sun is going to set in a couple hours." Gently shaking the sleepy Hwa awake.

"Hmm. Can we please stay like this for a few more minutes. Please. It feels nice and I want to watch the sunset." Hwa begged, eyes still halfway closed.

Joong sighs before answering, "Ok fine um let me go make a quick phone call and we'll get dinner and we'll sit here and watch the sunset. Ok?"

Hwa nodded at Joong's proposal before laying back down on the soft grass.

JoongELF: Hi...so um I have a proposal for you guys.

SEOhoho: What is it, Joong?

JoongELF: Hwa wants to stay at the mountain to watch the sunset...

SEOhoho: I don't like where this is going.

JoongELF: Can you guys set up the party here while Hwa and I go get dinner for all of us?

SEOhoho: ARE YOU JOKING ME???? WE ALREADY SET UP HERE.

JoongELF: I know I know. But please Seoho. He had a pretty bad day and this would make it special if we did it here. Please Seoho. Do it Hwa.

SEOhoho: *Sighs* Fine I'm ONLY doing it for Hwa and that's it

JoongELF: THANK YOU SO MUCH SEOHO

*Seoho hangs up*

"Hey Hwa, since we will be staying up here watching the sunset, let's go get something to eat and we'll come back up." Joong walked back to where Hwa was.

"Ok sure." Hwa simply said, getting up with the help of Joong.

[ 2 hour later ]

"Why did we stop?" Hwa asked, noticing Joong coming to a stop just before the top of the mountain.

"I have a surprise for you but you need to close your eyes. Can you do that for me?" Joong asked, feeling shy for some reason. 

"Okie." Hwa smiled.

"Ok I'll help you out of the car. Just wait a moment and don't open your eyes yet." Joong quickly said, going to open Hwa's door like a gentleman.

"1"

"2"

"3"

"SURPRISE!!" Joong along with Seoho, Keonhee, Ravn, and Hwanwoong yelled as they all ran to hug Hwa who stood there stunned.

"Oh my gosh. You guys did this all for me?" Hwa was close to tears...well actually he was already tearing up because of his friend's kindness.

The group of friends enjoyed their time with each other, forgetting about their rough day. An hour passed when they all sat in a line waiting for the sunset to start.

"WOAH it's so beautiful." Keonhee exclaimed, hugging his boyfriend's arm.

"It's even better with the people we love." Ravn added, giving his husband (Hwanwoong) a kiss.

"Definitely." Joong said in almost a whisper then suddenly felt something on top of his shoulder. Surprised to see Hwa lean his head onto his shoulder making Joong's heart skip a beat. Then noticing Hwa kept rubbing his hands together. "Are you cold?"

"Yeah just a bit." Hwa looked up at Joong with gentle eyes.

"Here, take my jacket." Joong carefully took off his jacket without accidentally hitting Hwa.

"No, you're going to be cold." Trying to refuse his jacket.

"It's ok. I have a sweatshirt under this hoodie so I'll be fine. Please take the jacket Hwa. I don't want you to freeze." Helping Hwa put the jacket on before engulfing Hwa in both his arms like a big hug to help him stay extra warm.

Feeling secure with Joong's embrace, Hwa scouted closer to Joong and again put his head on Joong's shoulder. While Joong did the same.

Joong turned his head to see Ravn taking a glance at them. Joong was worried that Ravn was going to protest but to his surprise, Ravn just smiled and gave a small nod before turning his attention back to Hwanwoong.

CES: Darl+ing by Seventeen

A/n: Sadly this is the last chapter of book 1: The Past. However, I have already been working on Book 2: The Present. That being said, I will be taking a week break (depending how I feel) then starting up the sequel. But honestly, I'm already getting excited just thinking about it hehe. I hope you enjoyed everything so far and please look forward to the sequel because there's a lot going to happen. Thank you so much for reading, voting, and commenting. All of those makes me so happy and makes me want to continue to write! Thank you again and see you in the sequel!