Chapter 36: Secret Encounter

[ Flashback of couple days ago]

Joong POV:

Being in his bed for so long made Joong very uneasy. No less bored and couldn't keep himself still. Asking the nurse if was able to walk around the unit if he could and they agreed. He walked two rounds around the unit when he stood at the nurse's station where his eyes landed on a rolling cart with piles of binder with names of all the patients. Scanning through all the names, suddenly seeing one he didn't expect to see. Slowly and carefully he sneaked into that patient's room.

"I'm sorry Seonghwa. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." Joong stood over Hwa's bed, brushing his fingers against Hwa's fragile arm. Without noticing himself leaning down, lightly kissing Hwa on the lips. Shocked even to himself he had done that but he was surprised by the warm feeling in his heart before he heard a voice by the door.

"What the hell did you just do?!" Ravn standing there, crossing his arms, leaning against the door.

"I-I don't know what happened. It just happened." Looking down, processing the situation.

"I'm warning you now Joong, don't make him more confused. Something just traumatic happened to him and his boyfriend. He needs a break. Don't do it. And I advise you not to say a word about it to anyone other than me and Seoho, understand?" Walking away to Seoho's room.

"Wait. How did you know I was here?" Joong asked, eyes still glued to the floor.

"I saw you going in here when I was walking in the hallway. I knew this room wasn't yours and Seoho's." Ravn answered before walking to Seoho's room.

Ravn POV:

"Hey Hoho, how are you feeling?" Closing the door behind him.

"Feeling better. Did Joong go for a walk without me?" Fake pouting.

Ravn sat on the edge of Seoho's bed with a serious face. "Seoho, listen to me. Joong kissed Hwa. Don't tell Joong I told you. Report to me if Joong does anything else. I'm trying to protect both of them. If Seonghwa finds out what Joong did, I don't know how he'll act. Hwa needs to live with you guys for at least a year or two. I don't want Hwa to leave you guys' sight for the time being."

"Nae (yes). I understand." Nodding and at the same time Joong entered the room.

[ End of flashback ]

No one's POV:

Ravn had left Woong taking a nap in their bedroom to buy some groceries. In 10 minutes Ravn would be home and Woong would still be sound asleep just the way Ravn had tucked him in...however little did Ravn know, Woong had woken up.

Woong POV:

Woong stretched his body, releasing a small hum from his lip. With his eyes closed, he swung his arms next to him, thinking Ravn was next to him. Feeling the vacancy next to him, he shot his eyes open, sitting up in one go. Panicked, he started yelling Ravn's name. "Ravy? Where are you? Ravy? I want cuddles, Ravy!" Thinking his boyfriend was watching TV in the living room and couldn't hear him, he thought of a plan to hide and scare him, like a little kid. Slowly Woong crouched, lightly walking to the living room. "BOO" Woong yelled but only silence answered.

"Ra-ravy? Baby? Where are you?" Tears sprung to Woong's eyes. Releasing Ravn wasn't home, he sat on a couch, taking a pillow in his arms. "Why-why did you leave? Ravy, where are you? No, please don't leave me." He cried, bringing his legs to his chest, laying his head on his arm with the pillow. Hugging himself, he cried for a couple minutes.

Suddenly the weeping sounds stopped. He brought his head up, slammed down the pillow onto the couch and stood up, and went to the bathroom. Turning on the faucet, he splashed water onto his tear-stained face. Before he looked up, he spotted a silver chain necklace that Ravn had left on the counter. He grabbed it and chained it onto his own neck. He looked up into the mirror and smirked, "Wow, you look handsome, Eric."

Just then the door made a click, opening to reveal Ravn. He put down the groceries and walked towards the bedroom not knowing Eric had hid in the bathroom, waiting...

"Don't you worry Woong, I'll take care of it." Eric smiled to himself.

Ravn POV:

"Woongie, get up sweety. Do you want some snacks?" His smile fell as he opened the door, the bed empty. Immediately he became alert, "Woong? Baby, where are you? I'm home now, please come out. I'm sorry I left without saying anything. I love you. Woong, please come out." Panic running through his body, he quickly walked down the hallway, however he did not make it even halfway down the hallway when the bathroom door burst open.

"Oh my god, Woong, there you are. You scared me." Finally being able to breath, Ravn engulfed him in a hug. Then he felt a force he hadn't felt from Woong before. Realizing his boyfriend just shoved him, hitting his back against the wall. "Woong? What's going on?" Wide eyed to the person in front of him.

Eric chucked, "Woong? I'm not Woong, I'm Eric. What do you want with him anyways, asshole. You let my Woong down. YOU just fucking left him alone. Is this how you treat my Woong?"

Then it clicked. A couple weeks ago, Ravn had read about DID, also called Dissociative Identity Disorder. It is where sometimes when someone experiences trauma, their personality split. Eric must be Woong's protector but of course Ravn knew he might be wrong but he needed to do something now.

"Eric, I did not leave Woong. I just thought he would still be asleep when I got back from the grocery store. I'm sorry. Can you please tell Woong that I'm sorry and I won't do that again?" Ravn calmly said.

Eric scoffed, "No. You knew Woong couldn't be left alone and you fucking did anyways. He doesn't need you, he only needs me. Get out!" Eric screamed, lunging at Ravn who fell backwards onto the couch. "You fucking asshole!" Eric yelled as he punched Ravn.

"Eric, listen I'm sorry. I promise I won't do it again. Woong, I'm sorry. I love you both." Ravn pleaded calmly, not fighting back since he knew that would just make it worse. "I love you. I would never leave your side. I love you."

Suddenly Ravn could no longer feel the punches and saw something in Eric's eyes changed. "R-R-ravy?" Woong spoke meekly. Woong's eyes were filled with horror, the sight of his boyfriend tackled down with bruises. Horrified of what he just did, he scurried off of Ravn, collapsing onto the ground, sobbing. "I'm so sorry I'm so sorry."

Ravn quickly moved himself next to Woong, taking him into his arms. "Shh it's ok it's ok. Don't worry, I'm ok. Shhh it's going to be ok." Softly placing kisses all over Woong's face. "I love you no matter what."

For the rest of the night, the two ate dinner and cuddled each other for the rest of the time until Woong fell into a peaceful sleep and so did Ravn. The next day, Ravn took Woong to Dr. Seungwoo (one of Seoho's dad) to get an accurate diagnosis for Ravn to know how to take care of Woong properly. Just as Ravn had suspected last night, Woong did indeed have DID where Eric was Woong's protector after what had happened to him aka the graduation incident.