Chapter 40: Nothing happened; I told you I will

"Dann, why are you sorry? Don't be. Please be happy for me, yourself and your members. If you cry, you're going to make me more sad." Ravn hugged Dann who they all haven't seen since their trainees day.

"Trust me I will lead the group to the billboard and Grammy. I will lead the group in the best ability I can. Ravn, please stay in contact with us. We're going to miss you so much!"

"Should we go eat something as a group for one last time?" Ravn suggested, wiping the tears off his members' red puffy cheeks.

Seoho POV:

After Joong left, Seoho spent time with Hwa before he had to start going to college, meaning spending less time with his friends. A while later he realized he had forgotten to drop off papers to his administrators. Leaving Hwa home alone.

[ 1 hour later ]

"Hwa? I'm home! Hello? Hwa??" Seoho called out, getting increasingly worried as the silence stretched without his response. "HWA!" Seoho rushed up the stairs, scared if he had fainted or something worse. Just as he was on top of the stairs, Hwa's room opened, revealing a smiling Hwa. "I called you three times! What are you doing?"

"Oh really? Sorry, I was busy trying to write up work applications."

For some reason Seoho felt something was a bit off. It just felt a bit eerie but he couldn't point it out. "Why are you wearing long sleeves? It's like 80 degrees outside."

"Oh I was cleaning out my old clothes." Hwa simply answered. "So...what's up?"

"Not much. I'm excited for college. I'm so ready to work in the media industry. Hey, you want to go grab some ice cream?"

"I-I don't know. I'm kinda tired." Hwa hesitating, grabbing his own arm

"Come on! Please!! Let's have some Hoho and Hwa time." Seoho pleaded, pulling at Hwa's sleeves.

"Ok ok! Let me change."

[ 5 minutes later ]

"I thought you're going to change." Seoho looked up to see Hwa walking down the stairs.

"I did. I just want to wear a jacket, that's all."

"Oook. Well let's go!" Seoho thought who in the world wears long sleeves in the steamy hot weather.

[ 10 minutes later ]

"Mmm this is so good." Seoho licked the melted ice cream dripping down the cone.

"Seoho, why do I feel like that person behind you is staring at me?" Peering at a guy who was dressed in all black with a cap covering most of his face and his hands covered with leather gloves.

"I'm sure he was just looking at something behind you. Like the clock." Pointing to the store's pale blue clock mounted on the wall. "Here I'll scout a bit so he won't be able to stare at you. Better?"

Hwa nodded but still felt uneasy.

[ After Dinner ]

"Wanna watch a movie or play games?" Joong suggests washing the last dish in the sink.

"Movie. I saw an interesting show we should watch together." Hwa waved the tv remote.

"Wait a minute. What happened to your arm?" Joong walked towards Hwa who had changed into short sleeves an hour ago. Examining small cuts on Hwa's lower arm.

"Something broke and it fell on me. It's no big deal. I took care of it already." Looking at the three band-aids on it. "Let's just watch the movie."

[ 1 hour 20 minutes later ]

Joong looked down after hearing soft snoring sounds on his shoulder. Hwa had fallen asleep on him. Joong delicately brushed back Hwa's black hair, subsciously admiring his peaceful sleeping face. Pale skin, structured cheekbones, pink tinted lips. "How could someone look so peaceful when they sleep? How could anyone ever think to hurt this beautiful human being?" Joong thought in his head before...

*clears throat*

"You should take him to bed." Seoho whispered.

"I don't want to wake him though." Joong pouted, stroking Hwa's cheeks.

"Fine. I'll go get both of you blankets." Getting up from the couch to the closet. "Here." Handing two blankets to Joong who laid it on Hwa and himself.

"His neck is going to hurt if he keeps sleeping like that. I'll help you move him."

"Help me lay him on my lap." Joong said, putting his hand behind Hwa to support him.

The two slowly and carefully moved Hwa into a lying position. Head on Joong's lap and his feet on the other side of the couch.

"Your leg is going to be numb tomorrow, Joong. And you won't be able to sleep. You really should just take him to bed." Seoho worried about both of his friends.

"I will later." Joong replied, going back brushing Hwa's hair.

"Joong." Seoho's voice suddenly turned stern.

"I said I will." Joong shot daggers with his eyes, his voice almost a low grunt.

"Ok ok." Seoho started back away but before he could get far Joong whispered, "Don't tell Ravn." Seoho gave a slight nod before heading upstairs.

"Good night Hwa. Sleep well." Giving a peck on Hwa's temple.

[ Next morning ]

"See? I told you I will." Referring to last night. Joong walked down the stairs where Seoho was already eating breakfast.

"I didn't say I didn't believe you. I just don't want you to get in trouble with Ravn." Giving a cup of coffee to Joong.

"Thanks." Taking a sip of it before continuing. "How am I going to get in trouble if he doesn't know? Just don't report to him. Please Seoho. Say you didn't see anything."

"Fine. I didn't see anything. I-I just worry about you."

"I'm absolutely fine. Hwa should be the one we should worry about."

"Actually speaking of Hwa. Why do I feel like he's acting weird? Like how does he get hurt like 3 or more times already?"

Joong's coffee cup stops right on his lip. "He said it was an accident." Sipping his coffee once again.

"Yeah but." Seoho ruffles his hair, making it look like a bird's nest.

"We should trust him. He looks ok to me. He's eating, laughing, playing...he just doesn't want to go outside much. That's really it. We can both keep an eye on him. Ok?"

"Ok. I trust you too. I have to go to work now so see you soon." Snatching his backpack off the chair.

"Your hair looks like shit. You might want to brush it before you go!" Joong yelled from the kitchen, gulping down the last remaining coffee.

"Thank you!" Seoho yelled before slamming the door, making Joong laugh.

[ Later That Night ]

"Hey Hwa, can I talk to you for a second." Stopping mid cleaning the table.

"Uh sure." Coming back down the stairs as he was planning to hit the hay for the day. "What did you want to talk to me about?" Hwa walked to Joong who was standing by the semi clean table.

"How have you been feeling?" Joong looked into Hwa's eyes.

"I'm alright. Why?" Hwa asked rather calmly.

"It's just Seoho and I have been worrying about you lately. You keep hurting yourself and it's concerning us."

"I'm sorry. It's just an accident. I'll be careful next time." Just as Hwa was about to leave, Joong called for him again.

"Hey, promise me that you will talk to us if you don't feel alright ok? You can talk to us about anything. We can trust each other, ok? Promise me, Hwa." Standing only a foot away from him, extending his pinky finger.

"I promise, Joong." interlocking his pinky with Joong. 

CES: Let Me Drown by Hyunjun Hur