Chapter 48: Tell the world I'm coming home

[ Joong's house ]

"How's it going?" Walking up the stairs where Seoho was arranging the last flower bouquet in Hwa's room.

"Almost done...and done. Whew" Seoho exclaimed, placing the last one on his bed.

"So now just the cake, right?" Joong asked as he examined each bouquet for any imperfection that needed to change.

"Yep. But the store just called me that it won't be ready until another hour or two. What do we do?" Looking at Joong with panic in his eyes.

"No worries. I was going to take Hwa somewhere before coming home anyways." Joong smiled reassuringly.

[ At the hospital ]

"Ready to tell the world you're going home, Hwa?" Joong excitedly clapped.

Hwa nodded but Joong could see a hint of nervousness in Hwa's eyes while he tied his shoes.

"It's going to be ok. I promise to take good care of you. I'll be right beside you through every step of your journey." Sitting next to Hwa on the edge of the bed, rubbing his back.

"All right Seonghwa, you're all set to go. Remember to take your meds and you have a therapy session with Dr. Hanbin in two days.

As Joong walked with Hwa out to his car, Joong couldn't help noticing a strange man in a brown sweatshirt, black mask, black cap, blue jeans, black sneakers standing by the entrance. The two made eye contact only for a second before the person walked away. Joong couldn't help but feel as if he knew that person.

"Where are we going?" Hwa asked, watching Joong type in a different address than home.

"Going somewhere where we will be alone. Somewhere to feel free from everything." Joong smiled warmly, pulling out of the hospital driveway.

[ 30 minutes later ]

"Hwa wake up. We're here." Gently shaking his shoulder to wake him up.

"The mountains?" Looking out the window to see that Joong has parked on top of a small mountain overlooking the city.

"This is where I used to come whenever I have a bad day. It's just you and nature. I used to cry and scream on top of my lungs to get all that frustration out. The good thing is, no one is going to hear you." Smiling as he got out of the car. "Come outside with me." Lending his hand to Hwa, helping him out of the car.

"Woah." Escape hwa's mouth, feeling the cool breeze glide through his hair. "It-its so refreshing." Tears stung his eyes, overwhelmed by the feeling running through his body.

"You ok?" Seeing Hwa's eyes turn a bit red from tears. "It's a relieving feeling, isn't it? A bit overwhelmed but in a good way? I feel that every time I come here. It's going to be ok." Pulling Hwa close to his chest as the two stood by the cliff but not too close.

After a few minutes, Hwa straightened up, still holding onto Joong's arm. "Is it ok if I try screaming?"

"Of course. Do you want me to go back to the car so you can have your time?" Soothing his hair back in place.

"No. I want you here. Please." He added the last word, hoping his best friend would stay by his side.

Joong wouldn't help but smile at Hwa. "Of course. Whatever you feel comfortable with. You got this." Putting his hand in a fist as to say "fighting!"

Hwa took a deep breath, yelling as loud as he could, "I SURVIVED! YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT ME DOWN? FUCK NO. THERE'S PEOPLE WHO LOVE ME! LIKE MY BEST FRIEND HERE!"

In honesty Joong was surprised yet extremely proud of how loud Hwa shouted. He wanted to hear Hwa say that he knew there were people who loved him. Joong's eyes sparkled with love as he watched Hwa shout with all his might considering what he went through. Then his heart broke when Hwa said this...

"I know you can't hear me Wooyoung but I'm sorry! I'm sorry I caused so much pain and what I've done to you! Please forgive me!" Hwa yelled with his voice crack with a choke of sob.

Joong quickly pulled Hwa into his tight embrace, afraid of what he may do. Soothing his hair as Hwa cried into Joong's shoulder. "Ssshhh, it's not your fault. It's not your fault."

Hwa eventually calmed down after Joong's comforting words.

"Hwa, look at me." Cupping Hwa's cheeks into his hands, making him look Joong in the eyes. "It's not your fault. It was never your fault. It's going to be ok. I'm proud of what you've accomplished. It's not easy."

Just as Joong was supporting Hwa back to the car, Hwa pulled Joong back. "Hold on. Let's scream together before we go home." Hwa suggested which Joong agreed.

1

2

3

"AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!" The two boys screamed on the top of their lungs. As Hwa made eye contact with Joong, something made Joong's heart skip a beat. Was it because of how his black hair blew in the wind? Was it because of how precious his smile was? Or was it just him existing?

Stepping closer to hold Joong's hand again, Hwa chuckled, "That felt good. Thank you for bringing me here. Now I told the world I'm going home."

[ At home ]

"Now close your eyes. I won't let you fall, don't worry. I got you." Blind folding Hwa's eyes with his own hands at the front of the front door.

Guiding Hwa into the house where Seoho stood in the middle of the living room holding a bouquet of flowers. Just above him was a "Welcome Home" banner with many different colored heart balloons floating around.

"WELCOME HOME BESTIE!!" Seoho crashes into Hwa, hugging him tightly.

"Seoho, let him go. He can't breathe." Joong rolled his eyes sarcastically.

"Hehehe. Sorry I was just excited that you're back home now." Letting go of Hwa.

"Why don't you go see your room?" The two friends lead him upstairs to his room where Hwa's room was colorfully decorated with tons of bouquets of flowers, new bedding, new carpet, and new blanket.

The moment Hwa laid his eyes on his new room, he was immediately overwhelmed. "Aw guys you really didn't need to do this. Thank you so much. I don't know what I would do without you." Engulfing Joong and Seoho into his arms.

"I don't know what I would do without you." Joong whispered, seemingly like it was directed to Hwa.

For the rest of the day, the three boys watched movies, played games and ate. Nothing else mattered as long as Hwa had a smile on his face.

[ Later that night ]

It was 9PM when Hwa fell asleep while Joong and Seoho were still in the living room cleaning everything up.

"Hey Seoho, did you hide the note?" Joong whispered, talking about the suicide note Hwa wrote to Woo.

"I hid it in my small locked cabinet in my closet." Seoho whispered back. "It's safe."

CES: 0x1 LoveSong by TXT