Chapter 10: Obsessed?

\\ Next Day //

Sunday

The three trio consisting of San, Joong, and Seoho, met up at the game to talk and catch up. They were excited to have a nice, maybe serious conversation, but never thought the conversation would go like it did...

"What's up, guys?" Joong approaches San and Seoho at the game room, who was just finishing up a game.

"Nothing much. I won the game." Seoho couldn't stop himself from bragging, with a big smile on his face with his eye smile showing loudly.

"How about you San?"

"I got my ass beat up by his dummy here" Pointing at Seoho who was still smiling at his victory.

The three played games for the next couple hours until it was getting late and they were getting tired. Before they leave, Joong decides to confront San about something.

"Damn guys, we should come here and play games more often. But ughh my job is like killing me. What did you do yesterday, San?"

San stopped midway from drinking his soda, looking at Joong suspiciously, who was looking at him with his muscles tense with anticipation while Seoho looked almost nervous. "Why is that question directed to me? Aren't you going to ask Seoho too?"

"I already know what Seoho did yesterday, I texted him late at night. Right now, I'm asking you, so answer the question." Joong didn't even smile while talking to Joong. The air around them was the total opposite when they were playing games.

"I didn't do much. I walked around the area, around stores, looking at stuff, that's it." Trying to hold his poker face on as long as he could.

"Really?" Joong pressed.

"Why? What do you want me to say? Do you know something I don't?" San challenged Joong back, crossing his arms.

"I think we both know, you just don't want to bring it up." Raising his eyebrows

"Yeah so? Is it a crime?" tilting his head to challenge him even more.

"What have you been doing?"

"If you know, then why do you want me to tell you?" Standing up to look bigger, unafraid.

"I said, What. have. you. been. Doing?!"

"Following him. I've been following Seonghwa." Joong asked, loud enough that people in another booth turned to them. Realizing that, the three of them paid and left the store to continue their conversation outside.

"Are you fucking insane SAN! You're a fucking creep. You're obsessed. You have been following him for a WEEK! Home to school and school to home."

"I have a reason! I don't like this Felix guy. He's stretchy as fuck. I'm trying to protect him!"

"Protecting him?! Really?! Protecting him?! That's some bullshit right there."

"Yes! I'm trying to protect him. Why don't you believe me?!"

"Why don't we believe you? Let me see. Hmm? 1, you're a fuckboy, your reputation. 2, you're obsessed with him. You love him. 3, Ravn doesn't believe you. I know you ran into him yesterday, he told me."

"Ahh so you are his little birdie. Ravn? You mean Youngjo?! Shouldn't he be fucking dead? At least that's the last time I checked"

"What. The. HELL. Did. You. Just. Say???!!" Grabbed San's shirt, shaking him. "You should get yourself checked out. He is our friend. He has done through shit! You've done fucked up yourself, Choi San. Don't you dare talk to us anymore. Don't come to us for help and don't help us because we will not let you help anymore. We will not help you." Taking his last glare at San before grabbing Seoho's arm, walking away.

"Fine. Don't help me. But just know it's your fault if I'm right. I will protect Hwa. I do love him, and that's why I will protect him." San said to myself before going home.

\\ Flashback //

Joong walked solo into the same cafe and the same spot where Ravn, Seoho and himself had the conversation last time. This time though, he was nervous. Swallowing hard before he cleared his throat.

"Ah there you are. I was waiting for you. You're late."

"Sorry Ravn. Had some business to complete before coming."

"Well, shall we talk? Please give your report." Ravn smiled

Joong for some reason felt particularly scared of Ravn today. He doesn't know if it's because he was flying solo without Seoho or because of Ravn's smile. Since he never smiles and if he does, it means he's one step ahead of you.

"Um. A few days ago I bumped into Seonghwa and it was confirmed that indeed Seonghwa has met San. I-I have a picture of San's modeling company in Seonghwa's possession." Handing his phone with San's business card on screen to Ravn.

"Mmm" Ravn nodded, signaling to Joong that he was done examining the photo and to take his phone back. Ravn put his elbows on the table, having his arms like a bridge for his chin to lay on. He stared at Joong for a good solid minute making Joong swear he felt beads of sweat trickling down his neck. "Why are you nervous, Joong?"

"Huh what?" Surprised Ravn changed the subject to him.

"Oh HongJoong. I'm sure Seoho is having a great time with his boyfriend.  You don't have to worry. Oh wait, you're not nervous because of that, are you?" Tilting his head as Joong stayed silent. "You know what situations where I smile, right?" Clasping his hands together, laying it on the table.

"Nae (yes). When you know something I don't know and I should know." Swallowing a lump down his throat, preparing for what's next.

"Then why did you not tell me San was following the kid?! HUH? I ran into San yesterday and I followed him without him knowing. And you know what I saw?! Him following the kid like a stalker. Let me ask you, how long has this been going on?"

"A-a week." Joong was too scared to look up.

"A week. Wow and you didn't bother to text me or call me? I thought you're better than this. When I ask you to report, I mean it. Understood?"

"Yes" Eyes still glued to the table with his hands clasped together under the table.

"Good. Is there anything else to report? If not, you're free to go."

"Uh um" Joong's eyes shook, looking around, completplating if he should mention Seoho potentially seeing Jongho. In the end he said, "no." Then saying his goodbye before leaving, unaware he would greatly regret it later. 

CES: Blind by Ciipher