Chapter 44: Comfort from a unknown boy

[ Flashback ] (when San, Joong, Seoho, and Hwa was in the hospital after the graduation incident)

Joong POV:

Being in his bed for so long made Joong very uneasy. No less bored and couldn't keep himself still. Asking the nurse if was able to walk around the unit if he could and they agreed. He walked two rounds around the unit when he stood at the nurse's station where his eyes landed on a rolling cart with piles of binder with names of all the patients. Scanning through all the names, suddenly seeing one he didn't expect to see. Slowly and carefully he sneaked into that patient's room.

"I'm sorry Seonghwa. I'm sorry I couldn't protect you." Joong stood over Hwa's bed, brushing his fingers against Hwa's fragile arm. Without noticing himself leaning down, lightly kissing Hwa on the lips. Shocked even to himself he had done that but he was surprised by the warm feeling in his heart before he heard a voice by the door.

"What the hell did you just do?!" Ravn standing there, crossing his arms, leaning against the door.

"I-I don't know what happened. It just happened." Looking down, processing the situation.

"I'm warning you now Joong, don't make him more confused. He just broke up with his boyfriend. He needs a break. Don't do it. And I advise you not to say a word about it to anyone other than me and Seoho, understand?" Walking away to Seoho's room.

"Wait. How did you know I was here?" Joong asked, eyes still glued to the floor.

"I saw you going in here when I was walking in the hallway. I knew this room wasn't yours and Seoho's." Ravn answered before walking to Seoho's room.

Ravn POV:

"Hey Hoho, how are you feeling?" Closing the door behind him.

"Feeling better. Did Joong go for a walk without me?" Fake pouting.

Ravn sat on the edge of Seoho's bed with a serious face. "Seoho, listen to me. Joong kissed Hwa. Don't tell Joong I told you. Report to me if Joong does anything else. I'm trying to protect both of them. If Seonghwa finds out what Joong did, I don't know what he'll do. Hwa needs to live with you guys for at least a year or two. I don't want Hwa to leave you guys' sight for the time being."

"Nae (yes). I understand." Nodding and at the same time Joong entered the room.

[ End of flashback ]

[ Current time ]

"Hwa? Where are you?" Joong came out of the bathroom seeing the bed empty. No Hwa in sight. His IV needle laid bloody on the white bedsheets, the pump beeping loudly. With this horrible feeling in his guts, Joong's feet carried him as fast as it could to the rooftop of the hospital.

His worst fear came true. A silhouette of a boy's body on the edge of the rim, leaning closer and closer to the nothingless.

"Hwa get back here! Don't do it!!" Joong yelled, seeing Hwa at the edge of the hospital's rooftop. Slowly Hwa's foot slips, arms spread, letting himself feel freedom, letting gravity do its job.

"NOOOO!" Just missing Hwa's hospital gown by an inch. Slowly the darkness swallowed him.

*GASP* Joong's body shook, sitting up straight to see he had fallen asleep. Turning his head to see Hwa's delicate features, sleeping soundly, holding his hand. He was so overwhelmed by his nightmare that tears started to fall. Bringing Hwa's hand up to his trembling lips, kissing gently as s varication he was really there and safe.