Chapter 24: pt 2

[ At the Cafe ]

At the cafe, Hwa went to order ice cream while his boyfriend rested at the table. Coming back, Hwa saw a very cute Woo, who was balancing his drink on his head. Secretly taking a picture, keeping it as memories.

"Woo baby, here is the ice cream

"Woo baby, here is the ice cream. We should eat up and get back home." Ruffling Woo's hair.

"Thank you baby. Wow, it looks amazing." Taking a bite while Hwa took another picture of his cute boyfriend.

The two finished quickly since it was already near 6

The two finished quickly since it was already near 6. Before leaving though, Hwa thought it was a good idea to go to the bathroom before leaving since it takes 30-45 minutes to get home. "Hey baby, Imma head to the bathroom real quick, ok" Hwa left Woo outside while he went to the bathroom.

Woo POV:

As Woo checks for what train they need to take to go home when someone bumps into him hard, dropping a piece of paper near Woo's foot. "Hey excuse me sir, you dropped something." Expecting the person to pick it up, the person just looked at Woo and walked away. The thing is, Woo couldn't see the person's face due to them wearing a black helmet like a motorcycle helmet. Curious, Woo opened the paper, making his heart stop. It was a polaroid of his mom and younger brother and under it read: "Keep them close, Keep them safe, Don't let him know."

For some reason, Woo felt like it was the same guy he saw on his first date with Hwa, the same one from the restaurant, his hyung!

Woo immediately called his mom, wanting verification that his family is ok

*on the phone*

Woo: Mom

Mom: Are you ok, honey? Why did you call?

Woo: Um I wanted to say good night and I love you

Mom: Honey? Are you sure you're ok? You sound panicky. I will still be awake when you come home. Wait, where's Hwa?

Woo: He's in the bathroom, we're waiting for the bus. And yes, I'm ok.

Mom: Well ok, honey. Call if you need anything. I'll be here. I'll watch my phone like a hawk.

Woo: Wait, mom

Mom: Yes?

Woo: Where's (younger brother)?

Mom: blank? He's in bed already. He had a rough day so he's tired. Why?

Woo: Nevermind. We'll be home in 45 minutes or so. Love you

[ 40 minutes later ]

The moment Woo walked into his house, he embraced his mom tight.

"Oh honey, are you ok?" His mom stumbled back, surprised at his sudden hug.

"Yeah, I just missed you." Still hugging his mom

"I miss you both" His mom pulled Hwa into the hug as well. "Was the carnival fun? Are you guys hungry? Your brother just woke up so we can have a family dinner."

After they ate, they all decided to head to bed since they were all exhausted from the day. For some reason, Woo wouldn't seem to fall asleep. He decided to go downstairs to get a drink of water. To his surprise, his mom was also there, sitting on the couch.

"Couldn't sleep?" His mom turned her head to look at him.

"Not really. I was just going to get a glass of water. How about you?"

"Same thing. I wanted to sit in peace for a while. Why don't you join me?" Patting the seat next to her. "Is there anything bothering you?"

With the question, Woo's brain froze not knowing if he should tell her about the picture. "Not particularly but I thought I saw hyung again at the carnival." Woo watched his mom's reaction though she was emotionless.

"You really miss your hyung, don't you. I promise you'll see him soon." Woo's mom calmly responded. "Drink up and try to sleep."

Going back to his room, he smiled seeing his boyfriend sleeping soundly on his bed. Climbing in as quietly as he could trying not to wake Hwa but in the end Hwa woke up. "Where did you go?"

"I was just getting some water. Sorry I woke you up." Soothing Hwa's hair.

"Hmm it's ok. Thank you for waking me from my nightmare." Hwa said half asleep.

"I-you had a nightmare?" Woo looked confusedly at Hwa because Woo remembered Hwa was sleeping like an angel when he went downstairs and when he just came back upstairs.

"Yeah. You shook my hand and I felt you brushing back my hair. Then you said 'you're ok, it's just a nightmare.' Hwa was still half asleep while saying all this.

Woo swallowed hard knowing for sure he was NOT the one who woke Hwa up. He looked around the room trying to think who could've come into his room. "Did this younger brother do it? Who else could come into his room? Is someone hiding somewhere? Who could it be? Who touched his boyfriend?" Woo thought now even harder to go to sleep with slight jealousy.

"Why did you go downstairs? Have trouble sleeping?" Hwa asked, now a bit more awake.

"Yeah." Woo laid next to Hwa, caressing his face.

"Come here. I'll help you sleep." Hwa pulled Woo close to his chest, putting his chin on Woo's head. With each other's comfort, they fell asleep without trouble.