Chapter 23: Grocery Store

\\ Friday after school //

"Finally we only have one week of school left. I'm so excited to get out of high school." Woo plopped onto his bed, putting both arms behind his head.

"Yeah and I can finally move and live by myself." Hwa rubbed his temples as he had a headache as he sat on Woo's desk chair.

"Babyyy come here. Come and cuddle with meee." Woo whined as he extended his arm.

"You're such a baby" Walking to sit next to Woo on the bed. Woo puckered his lip, wanting a kiss from Hwa. Just as their lips were about to touch, Woo's mom burst in, "I need you guys to go to the store for me."

They scrambled apart, resulting in Woo almost falling off the bed. "Mooommm! Why didn't you knock! Also right now?"

"What did you need us to get, mom? (Hwa knows Woo's mom long enough for him to call her "mom") We'll definitely go. No problem, right?" Nudging Woo's ribs.

"Yeah no problem mom. What do you need?" Woo sighed but also not really complaining as long as he was with his bf.

"I just need heavy cream for our Alfredo noodles for tonight's dinner." Woo's mom made a small smile, only showing her head through the door. "Thank you boys. Here's the money you need for it." Putting 5 bucks on Woo's study desk.

Woo and Hwa were halfway to the store when Woo realized he forgot the money his mom gave him. "Oh my god, I'm so dumb. I forgot the 5 bucks my mom gave us." Woo face palmed his forehead, mad at himself. "You can keep walking and I'll go back and get it." Hwa agreed and kept walking as Woo turned back.

Hwa POV:

In the distance, Hwa could see the grocery store sign. Right as he was about to get to the store, he saw a boy waving his hand around. Confused, Hwa just kept walking, not thinking the boy was waving at him.

"Hey Hwa! It's me Felix. Are you ignoring me?" Walking in front of Hwa.

"Oh I'm sorry, Felix. I didn't see it was you. I thought it was some random guy waving at me." Hwa now felt more comfortable knowing it was his friend.

"Did you come alone?" Seeing if a friend of Hwa was following him.

"No, I didn't. I came with Woo but he forgot the money at home so he had to go back." Hwa laughed, thinking Felix would laugh or something along like that.

Weirdly, Felix's sunshine smile vanished, turning in a serious face. "He went back home? He should be with you. I hope he doesn't run into him."

Hwa was creeped out and his friend's face expression could turn in a matter of seconds. "Run into who?" What are you talking about?"

"Hmm? No nothing." Again Felix's sunshine smile returned, jumping up and down, hugging Hwa. "I'm glad I met you here. Why don't we go in? Let's get some ice cream inside."

Woo POV:

Woo's hand was about to turn the knob when he heard talking in the house. He stood listening to who his mom was talking to.

Mom: He can't be here. He can't do this anymore. You need to stay here! I won't allow him.

???: No, I have to be here. I NEED to be where he goes. There's no other way.

Mom: I won't allow you. He hurt many people. I won't allow you to hurt them anymore

???: And he's going to hurt you. I will be here, no matter what. Whatever he does, I will be with them!!

Mom: NO!

*Inaudible to Woo* ???: I have a plan

Woo froze one hand mid turning the door knob and one on his chest trying to slow his heartbeat. Forgetting completely what he came home for. When he was out of shock, he realized there was no more talking. He quickly opened the door, scared of what might have happened to his mom. What he saw was nothing he thought he'd see.

"Hey Woo, you forgot the money didn't you." His mom waved the 5 bucks in the air, resting her elbow on the counter. Honestly he thought he was going to see his mom crying, distraught or even hurt. But no less with a smile on her face. "You alright honey? It looks like you just saw a ghost." Handing the money to Woo, who took it with caution. "Now go get the heavy cream otherwise you have no dinner." Pushing her son out the door before locking it behind her. Woo stood there for a second, thinking he would begin hearing talking again but he didn't hear anything so he went on his way.

\\ At the store //

"Hey Woo, what took you so long?" Hwa asked hugging his bf

"It's nothing. I was just enjoying the weather outside, that's all." Woo smiled at Hwa not wanting him to worry. "Oh you got ice cream?" Nodding at the two ice cream bowls in Hwa's hands.

"Oh yeah. I met Felix here and he insisted on buying ice cream for both of us." Giving Woo the cherries jubilee while Hwa had rainbow sherbert.

"Oh Felix was here?" Looking at the ice cream

"Yeah why?" Licking the melted ice cream of the side

"Don't you think it's weird to see Felix here. I mean it's far out being a coincidence, right? Woo thought suspiciously.

"Who knows? I mean we are in the vicinity of each other." Hwa shrugged as he kept eating his ice cream.

"Yeah maybe. Let's forget about it. Let's just buy what we need and go home." They both agreed and purchased what they needed. When they were about to leave the store, Woo needed to go to the bathroom since walking home is about 10-15 minutes which he didn't think he could hold. The two agreed that Woo would meet Hwa on the road as Woo would quickly go to the bathroom.

Hwa POV:

He was walking calmly down the road when he felt a sharp breeze coming over. Looking up, he saw a black motorcycle slowing down near him. Panicked, Hwa tried walking faster but the motorcycle followed him closely until the person handed something folded to Hwa. Hwa could feel the person looking at him intensely even though Hwa couldn't see the person since the driver's whole head was hidden by the helmet. Dumbfounded, Hwa tried to identify who the person might be until he saw something odd. In the person's bag hung a red rose trinket like what San gave him. Looking back at what the driver gave him, he unfolded a polaroid of Joong and Seoho. On the bottom of it, it read: "Keep them close. Keep them safe. Don't let him know"

Now Hwa was even more paranoid. He was thinking all kinds of questions: How does that person know him? How does he know Hwa knows Joong and Seoho since their friendship is a secret? Why does he need to keep them safe? What is going to happen? What does this all mean?

"BOO!" Woo jumped Hwa and this time Hwa was genuinely scared after what just happened. "WOW now you get scared? This is not like you!" Woo laughed. Hwa faked laughing, shoving the picture in his pocket.

"Come on goofball, let's go back home." Putting an arm around his bf.

Getting closer and closer to his house, he suddenly remembered what had happened earlier, getting scared again. Opening the door, revealing his mom cutting some chicken for the pasta. "Hey, welcome home. What took you guys so long?"

"We got ice cream on the way since it was really hot." Woo almost automatically said, using the truth as an excuse. Noticing his mother studying him very closely as so did Woo. As he stared at his mother, he could sense something disturbing did indeed happen since his mother was not showing the bright, peppy self. Or last least his mom was trying her hardest to fake it.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Give me the alfredo sauce unless you want to cook dinner." His mom laughed, walking over to the boys. "Now go upstairs and play until I call you down for dinner." Just as their mother said, the two went upstairs to play.