Chapter 14: Burst of a Lightbulb

[ Next day at school ]

"Where is your boyfriend? Food poisoning?" Changbin chuckled, walking next to Woo to their classroom.

Woo halted, making his sneakers squeak, "What did you just say? How do you know it's food poisoning?"

"Dude calm down. You know many people are getting sick with that shit. I even almost got it too. It's probably the school's shitty food."

Woo just shrugged it off since it was from his annoying friend. "Yeah he has food poisoning. He's at home resting."

\\ Later in the day //

"Oh hi again! I guess we're destined to meet in the bathroom." Joong waved at Hwa who was coming into the bathroom. "You don't look well, are you ok?"

"I actually have food poisoning. I'm not supposed to be at school but I came to pick up my homework." Hwa nodded awkwardly, still not used to having friends to talk to.

"Ohh, you could've asked me to pick it for you, I don't mind at all." Joong smiled warmly at him.

"No it's ok. I wanted to get out of the house anyway." Hwa returned the smile but the smile quickly faded. "Outside is better than inside." Hwa mumbled.

"People are saying school lunches are getting them sick. What are kids supposed to eat?" Forcefully laughing, but in reality, Joong was just trying to force Hwa to talk more.

"It's probably a bad gimbap roll I bought in the convenience store. Actually I'm not sure since I'm pretty sure my stomach is used to eating slightly spoiled foods anyways. But yeah I don't think it's the school lunches, I don't eat anything here." Finished Hwa, who just wants to get out of talking since he wasn't in the mood for anything right now. But then he thought feeling sick at school is better than staying at home.

"Oh really? It's not good to eat bad food. But can you think of anything different you ate before getting sick?" Nudging Hwa to expose what could be making him sick.

Suddenly Hwa looked up, mouth slightly open. "Actually I drank banana milk and a sandwich someone left me at my class desk."

Joong's eyes grew big like a light bulb lighting up, "Do you know who it's from?" Hoping he remembers.

"Yeah I do. He left me a note too, it was from San."

And just like that, that light bulb burst, Joong's face became dark. Definitely not expecting that answer.

"Do you know him?" Asking due to Joong's reaction.

"No. I don't know him. You should get some rest." Joong patted Hwa's back before leaving the bathroom in a hurry.

"Ooook then" shaking his head, weirded out from Joong's sudden change of mood.

Felix POV:

"Dude but seriously she was really pretty. I have seen her around our school for about a week already. I don't know why she hangs around here." Felix walked side-by-side with Changbin and his friends.

"Maybe she's picking up her younger sister or brother." Changbin suggested.

"You sound like you like her." One of Changbin's friends winked at Felix, nudging him at the arm.

"Naur, (no in australian accent) naur way. I just said she was pretty like an older sister. Not in a romantic way." Brushing off his friend. "Anyways, I have to part ways now. Bye." Waving his friends off.

[ At the hospital ]

"Hello doctors and nurses. How's my mom doing?" Feeling the pinch in his heart something might be going on.