Chapter 26: Tension in the Air

[ San's POV ]

San walked into school, passing Seoho and Joong's classroom. San made eye contact with Joong and Seoho and let's just say it's not a warm look. His two friends gave cold stares at San, who just shook his head and walked away, going to his own classroom.

"San, you're late...again. When will you be on time?" The teacher asked as her hands were on her hips.

"He'll never be on time. He probably won't even be on time for graduation." A boy in class remarked.

"Yeonjun ssi! Let's be nice till graduation. Shall we?" Surprised at Yeonjun's sudden sharp comment.

"It's ok. I bet he can't become a model if he wears such ugly stuff and does everything wrong in class." San snapped back.

"San ssi! What is going on with both of you? Cut it out now, please." The teacher ordered. "Take your seat now, we'll start class."

[ Lunch ]

"What's a popular fboy sitting in the corner alone?" A boy spoke behind San. However San knew better than that. It was not one boy but two people.

"What do you want, fuckers?" Turning around facing the two boys.

"Oh, our class has been implementing some students to sit with other students who may feel alone. And we saw you all alone here, so we wanted to have lunch with you." Felix smiled, posing in an aegyo flower pose.

San was getting very irritated, feeling his blood boil. "Oh really." He got up lunging Felix to the wall. "I'm going to punch that little smug smile right off your face." As he was about to punch Felix, San was suddenly plunged to the ground, feeling like his life was just yanked out of him. "What the hell. You've gotten so much stronger haven't you Seo Changbin?"

"Hey what's going on here?" An administrator walked over to where Changbin pinned San. "Get up and stop fighting, otherwise you are all going to the office."

"It's nothing Ms. Choi. I'll take care of this. No worries." Felix reassured the administrator who just walked away trusting Felix's words.

"Nothing!? IT'S NOTHING?? I should've reported you both already. You messed up enough of my friendship." San yelled, dusting off his uniform

"Changbin, why don't you buy two cookies and two water bottles?" Felix asked which he did.

"Since we're on the topic of friendship, San, I can help you with your friendship with Joong and Seoho." Sitting in front of San.

You. Help me? You're the one that ruined it in the first place." San snarled at Felix.

"You misunderstand me, San. I'm just trying to help your friends." Placing his hand on San's.

"Don't you fucking touch me. You poisoned my friend, Hwa. And you placed the blame on me." Pulling his hand away from Felix

Felix sighed, leaning back. "Listen San. If I were the one that hurt your friend, why would I tell Joong and Seoho the truth about being in Hwa's class? Mm? Why would I tell them the truth? I'm not hiding anything. That wouldn't make sense. Does it? Besides, I heard around school that Hwa doesn't even know you, yet you keep on following him."

"That is none of your business. And how would I know you're telling the truth? For what I know, you could be a psychopathic liar who knows how to manipulate people." San snarled.

"Ouch" Felix touched his heart like something physically pinched his heart. "San, I understand you resent me but that was when we were in elementary school. Yes we didn't get along but we're matured. Let's solve our problem once and for all." Felix relaxed into his natural face, as he crossed his arm on the table.

"Damn, he's good at convincing. Maybe I could play the same game." San thought. "Fine, how would I fix a friendship?"

Felix perked up, slowly smiling. "Well." He started but was interrupted by Changbin coming back from the lunch line. "Ah you're back. Just in time, Changbin. As I was saying, one way you could fix a friendship is to simply talk it out. Or you want to be more violent, fight it out.-"

"What kind of bs advice are these?" San barged in.

"Shut up punk. He wasn't done." Changbin grabbed San's wrist so hard that a mark was left on his wrist.

"Let go of me, asshole. It's going to be your fault if you break my wrist." Jerking his hands away.

"Now, now. Let's not fight." Felix smiled as he pat Changbin's shoulder. "As I was saying. Or you could treat them to a meal. Everyone loves food, don't they?" Sliding the water bottle and a whole cookie towards San. "Give them this."

San chuckled leaning back into the chair, "You really think I will trust your cookie. How would I know if you didn't put poison in it?"

"Wow San, is this how much you distrust me?" Felix sighed sadly. "Would you trust it if I ate it in front of you?" About to put the cookie in his mouth before San grabbed it from Felix's hand. "Didn't you guys buy it for me to give to Joong and Seoho? Then why are you eating it? If you want to poison someone, then poison me." Leaving the table where Felix and Changbin exchange smirks with each other.

"Joong!" San called out seeing him walking in the halls with Seoho, however Joong and Seoho kept on walking.

"Hey San." Seoho bowed his head. Though Joong's gaze roamed around almost everywhere except San. "Joong stop" Seoho grunted under his breath.

"What do you want?" Joong crossed his arms.

"Here" Giving Joong the cookie and water. "Felix and Changbin met me in the cafeteria. They bought these for me to give to you as an apology. So if you die, it's not my fault. Just saying." Shrugging his shoulders

Joong laughed, hugging San. "Thanks." Taking a bite of the cookie.

"Hey, you wanna grab some dinner later at a restaurant? Pork cutlet and cold noodles?"

"Yeah sure, sounds great."

"But-but isn't it a school night?" Seoho asked worriedly

"And? Who cares?" Joong and San answered, making them laugh

\\  After School //

[ Woong POV ]

Woong had just got home from school when he grabbed some snacks for himself. As he was about to pop a chip in his mouth, the doorbell rang. "Oh who could it be?" Woong thought, walking to open the door, finding no one there except a small piece of paper. Picking it up, going back to the couch. 

The note read: Do not be afraid. Do not give up.

"That's very nice." Woong thought that someone has delivered this as a trend which has been going on where people would leave nice notes on people's doorstep. Meaning he didn't think much about it, nevertheless he kept it in his tiny wallet. He went back to eating as he waited for his boyfriend to come back.

[ San POV ]

As San walked home alone, his thoughts were clouded by so much stuff that he didn't notice a black motorcycle cutting in his path, making him almost run into him. "Dude what the hell. You can't just park your stupid motorcycle here."

"I'm not parking here. I'm just stopping for a moment." At that time, the motorcyclist grabbed San's hand, shoving something in it before speeding off.

"YA! YA! What is this for?! YA GET BACK HERE!!" San shouted as he chased the motorcycle for about 10 minutes but eventually lost sight of it.

Realizing how far he ran, he decided to take a taxi since he was already worn out. During the ride home, he read what the note said. 

It read: Stand your ground. Don't give up. Keep them safe.

"What the hell?" San thought in his head. "Is this some kind of sick joke or some shit? Why did he give it to me?" San shook it off for a while as he arrived home. Shifting his attention to his boyfriend, Woong until he needed to meet his friends for dinner.