2 - Pathalogical Liar

{CHAPTER TWO}
"Will there be booze?"

Harlow would swear on her life that she was not and would never be a pathological liar

Harlow would swear on her life that she was not and would never be a pathological liar. Her whole life she had to be surrounded by cruel people who had no issue in lying. She never wanted to be one of them. But the girl didn't really have any choice in the matter. There were many things about herself and her past that she could never dare tell anyone and would certainly have to lie about. She'd lied many times before and over the years and it got easier and easier. Back in first year she was never honest about who she truly was. In her youth she hated doing so, feeling as though her friends never really knew her. But, she could also understand why she had to. Her mutant existence had to be kept secret or god forbid the awful things that would be in store for her. She learnt that from her years spent in captivity. The secret had managed to somehow be passed into the wrong hands, but Harlow would never let that happen ever again. She was sure of it. 

Harlow may still dislike liars but she had become comfortable doing it to save herself. It wasn't as if Harlow saw herself as a good person, pretty much the opposite. So now at fifteen years old the girl didn't really care about deceiving people. It was just another bad thing she did. 

After leaving Dumbledore's office, the girl debated even attending the welcoming feast. However Harlow was smart enough to know she couldn't draw anymore attention to herself than she already naturally was going to do. While she hoped her return would go pretty much unnoticed, she doubted that would happen. After all, it isn't every day that someone returns to Hogwarts after vanishing all of a sudden.

Harlow entered the hall with her head held high, trying her best to avoid any glances or looks from people trying to figure out who she was. All she had to do was sit down and keep to herself until she got to her room. Considering she was a late addition to the room there wasn't may seats left. She decided to take the first one she saw, a single seat in between two groups. 

It was a quickly regrettable choice.

At first none of the surrounding took notice of the random person that joined the table. Everyone was thankfully too busy conversing and catching up with their friends. That was until Lily Evans turned her head sideways with a small smile on her face. Lily let out a loud gasp as her hand flew to her mouth the smile quickly slipping as her jaw dropped. "Harlow?!" She excitedly shrieked. "Oh my god! It's really you." She squealed happily as she practically pounced onto the girl next to her.

"Lily." Harlow muttered back with a noticeable lack of enthusiasm compared to the other girl. The girls body was stiff as she sat uncomfortably in her hold, trying her best to hold her patience and not push the girl off, or worse.

Something to note about Harlow, she hated being touched - which was completely understandable considering how she'd been touched in the past few years.

"The ginger sisters are back together!" Marlene McKinnon exclaimed, reaching over the table to join in on the hug between the 'ginger sisters' a nickname that started back in first year when everyone thought for some reason they were related.