48 - The World Hates Harlow

{CHAPTER FORTY-EIGHT}
"The world hates me."

Harlow hated the world as much as it hated her

Harlow hated the world as much as it hated her. It was like the world didn't believe the damage already done to her was enough.

Once again, Harlow could feel it before it happened. But, this occasion she didn't have enough time to react.

The car was up in flames within a blink of an eye. Harlow switched into action mode, reaching over Jasmine to try and open the door.

Of course it was stuck.

Jasmine was letting out harsh sobs, her body barely strapped to the seat. "Harlow." She whimpered out, not at all hiding how scared she was.

The sight made Harlow's heart lurch.

"We need to get out of here." Finnic exclaimed, clearly falling into a state of panic. "I uh- I can't feel one of my legs."

Harlow stilled. She gulped before glancing over to Finnic in the front seat. "I'm gonna get you both out of here." She told them, "You're gonna be okay." She ensured them while looking around.

Harlow knew she had to do something about the fire first. She slowly unfastened her seatbelt and braced herself as she crashed down onto the smashed roof of the car. She needed to be quick and sufficient. Therefore she wanted to find the source of the fire before syphoning it.

Harlow shut her eyes and tried her best to concentrate. All she could hear and focus on was the desperate cries coming from Jasmine and the pained gasps that stemmed from Finnic.

They were like sitting ducks, Harlow knew that. The people who attacked them were bound to launch into attack once again and the car was a ticking time bomb.

"Fuck this!" Harlow grunted. She took a deep breath and tried to manoeuvre herself over the tore up base of the car. The fact that it was upside down was not helping. She paused, sitting down and bringing her leg into the air. She waited a minute, letting the addicting and powerful feeling build before she slammed her foot against the right car door, releasing energy as she did so.

The door went flying, breaking off the car and crashing onto the ground at the side of the road.

Harlow looked to the left and saw a group of armed men getting out of the car and arming themselves. Her hand reached up to Jasmine's seat belt, her mind raising, her actions moving even faster. "Jasmine I'm gonna unbuckle this. So you'll fall but I'll catch you it's fine."

"O-okay." Jasmine weakly muttered, her face stained with tears as she reached out her arms towards Harlow.

Jasmine's body crashed down into Harlow's. The young girl let out a small wince, squeezing Harlow tightly.

"Jasmine I need you to slowly get out the car, stay near to the ground, I'll be right behind you." Harlow told the girl softly. With the help of Harlow, Jasmine scooted herself out of the car and crouched down on the road.