80 - Comfort Person

{CHAPTER EIGHTY}
"I can see it in your eyes, you're brains on overdrive. Just talk to me."

The tears were uncontrollable

The tears were uncontrollable. They slid down Harlow's tears aggressively as her eyes stung painfully. The act of crying became almost unnoticed to the girl as she sunk to her knees, her back pressed tightly against the door with her knees curled into her stomach. Her brain physically hurt in her skull as she stared aimlessly at the room in front of her. Her eyes played up, flashing between the homely room inside the Potter Manor, to the dingy empty cell within the confines of the HYDRA base.

With the confusion of her eyes, her heart beat picked up, rocketing in speed as the fresh panic brewed painfully in her stomach. She felt useless. Like there was nothing she could do as her mouth ran dry and her throat started closing in on itself. Harlow felt not just restricted in her own body but also within the walls confining her. The sweat was being profusely produced, making her hands slick when she grasped them together and pulled on her fingers.

The sound of a quiet drum sounded in her left ear, the noise only increasing in speed and volume as her heart sped up. The room darkened, dimming as all the hopeful light left the room, almost like Harlow's thoughts. Going from being emotionally jumped by Sirius, to now, well Harlow wasn't feeling too positive. There was no room for any sort of light thought, her brain already being overflowed with every negative thought, emotion and memory that her body contained.

In her right ear she could hear her accelerating heart beat that managed to challenge the drumming. The two noises fought viciously in the poor teens head, leaving her hands clutching and clawing at her skull to try and alleviate some of the pain. Her nails raked through the hundred of red strands and dug into the skin on her skull. She could distantly feel the dull pain caused by her actions, yet she didn't care or stop.

Her feet grazed against the carpet, her toes getting tangled on the long stands of the shaggy rug. But that was yet another thing she couldn't focus on. The issue that was much more concerning to her was the way the walls were laughing and... pointing at her. It wasn't something Harlow had ever experienced before. Inanimate objects and things had never ridiculed her. But, she knew there was a first time for everything.

Harlow had experienced many of her firsts already, the majority of them being violent things that others around her would never experienced. Laughing walls was something new to add to the list.

The way they laughed at her reminded her of all the Hydra guards that used to keep her captive. Similarly to the walls, they would mock her when she failed. Found it humorous when she fell down and struggled to get back up. They were incredibly cruel, much like those walls. All Harlow wanted to do was scream at the to shut up, but she couldn't. The yells died in her throat, her voice coming out as a mere and embarrassing squeak.

She just needed it to stop. The battle in her head and heart was becoming far too much for her. The words 'You're and awful person' repeated mercilessly in her head, them serving as a new mantra. It was the nicest one of her thoughts. The others containing far more curse words and hatred. But amongst the self hatred thoughts, there were anger filled thoughts about Sirius. The guy who just confessed his feelings to her.