40 - Avoidance

{CHAPTER FORTY}
"Of course I know that."

Harlow did what she usually did, avoided the situations she didn't want to deal with

Avoidance was a good alternative to making it worse, which seemed to be a habit of Harlow's. Most likely due to her difficulty in saying the right thing and her increased percentage of acting out violently.

Harlow had never been good with social situations, even as a kid.

Harlow had cleaned herself up in her room, praying she wouldn't have to visit Madam Pomfrey for catching an infection off Sirius. Godric knows who he's been with. And then she changed into some training gear, hoping to keep herself distracted from her predicament.

To her training was an amazing way to let out her anger and frustrations and focus on something else.

Harlow made sure to pull her school cloak tightly over her, effectively concealing her training suit, as she lightly stepped down the stairs. She sped walked through the common room, keeping her head down in case anyone was occupying it.

It was still too early in the castle for most people to be up, especially after a party like the one the night before. Harlow's eyes didn't enjoy the bright light that streamed through some of the windows, her hangover still lingering. Neither did she enjoy how her head was still pulsing with an annoying pain.

She had trained through a million worse pains.

Harlow had her phone with her, awaiting an appropriate time to call Nat for another ballet lesson. So far, over the remainder of the holiday, Harlow had already had five ballet lessons with Nat. But she was still waiting for her first pointe lesson.

Natasha was a perfectionist, so Harlow wasn't sure when the time would come.

The room of requirement wasn't empty when she arrived. Opening the door, immediately the sound of someone grunting quietly filled the room. Harlow took silent steps, smiling at the sight in front of her.

"You got to remember to protect your face." Harlow critiqued, startling Regulus.

Regulus turned, his eyes narrowing on Harlow as he panted. "You're evil." He stated under his breath. "You gave me a fright." He added, accusingly pointing his wrapped hands at her.

Harlow raised her eyebrow, forcing herself to hold in her laughter. "Yeah, I gathered." She muttered and mockingly pointed back at Regulus. "You have to protect your face with your free hand."

"Yeah, yeah I know." Regulus sighed and turned away from Harlow and back to the punching bag.

"I didn't expect to see you here." Harlow noted aloud, walking over so she stood on the other side of the punching bag. "Any particular reason why you're down here?" She asked, knowing that there were certain times when she resorted to training to resolve her issues or to just distract her from them. Which she was currently doing.