4 - Control

{CHAPTER FOUR}
"I'm not your fucking ginger sister!"

Control is a fickle thing and a rather subjective topic

Some believe control only counts when absolutely everything is completely in their power. There is no room for error or mistakes, only total authority over everything. Once even an ounce of it even gone, in their eyes it counts as losing control.

Others accept partial control. The ability to be flexible with it and relax. Knowing that enough of it still counts. They don't feel the need to have every minor factor under control as long as they keep in charge of the main things they care about. The odd details didn't matter to them.

Being in dominance of whatever it is, can be so unbelievably tricky. To grasp it in the first place can take an eternity. And to contain it takes forever.

The most dangerous part is how fickle control is. There's an unstableness that comes as an issue with control. The risk of something setting it off, ruining the control.  It could be as simple as a bad experience, emotion or even a single word. Or maybe it was even a person. Control is too inconsistent within the best times and so are people. So why punish those or guilt those that loose it.

Two individuals specifically were struggling with their control on the night of the eight of September. Remus Lupin had spent the whole day in bed, feeling like total and complete crap as he rotted away in sickness. It was a horrendous feeling he felt regularly and couldn't avoid. Sadly, it was actually one of the more pleasant parts of his lycanthropy. Although he practically felt like he was healing after being hit by a bus and the worst cold imaginable, to him, it was still more enjoyable and manageable in comparison to when he was no longer in control. 

Surprisingly, Harlow took notice of his disappearance. Ever since the first morning back, Remus had stuck by her, despite their rather awkward interaction, and would sit by her during breakfast. They would never talk, only sit silently reading or chatting when Harlow initiated it, only then. Remus was aware that the girl must've gone through something in some way traumatic to change that drastically. But, he also knew it wasn't his place. Perhaps she had just grown up to be a completely different person? And oddly enough Harlow felt wonder stem in her mind as to where he might be. It wasn't that she missed his presence and occasional words, no it was more to due with her insatiable curiosity that attempting to break out of its restricted cage. Those thoughts were diminished extraordinary fast with a slight shake to her head. After all she didn't like it when others insisted to put themselves into her business, so she couldn't justify doing it to someone else. Lily Evans didn't seem to get the memo of that.

Classes were as usual in Harlow's opinion, boring. It was weird to her. During the first half year in Russia, when still held hope, she dreamt of the day she wound return. Learn every spell imaginable and go on to do some kind of cool job within the wizarding worlds.