49 - Diazepam

{CHAPTER FORTY-NINE}
"I've been shot before and I'll be shot again."

Fury got medical treatment for the three of them

Fury got medical treatment for the three of them. Harlow, of course, being the selfless and protective individual, made sure that Jasmine and Finnic were being seen to before she accepted any help.

Finnic was taken into surgery for his thigh. The doctors wanted to get a better look at the damage done and take the glass out in a controlled area. Harlow was feeling rather gloomy and guilty, not liking the lack of help she could give him.

Jasmine was lying flat on a stretcher. A Shield Doctor was by her side, checking her over. Harlow was very insistent on staying by her side, watching over every movement the Doctor made carefully. She refused to leave Jasmine's side, wanting to be there for the girl who is like a little sister to her.

"Gunshot wound to the left shoulder. It's a through and through. She'll just need stitches." The doctor stated as they cut Jasmine's sleeve off and out of the way. "And it's just a graze on the leg, so that's no worry at all."

"Good, good." Harlow hummed as she lent over the doctors shoulder to watch their hand, shrugging off her own doctors hands. "You do know what you're doing right?"

"Harlow." Nick sighed, "Jasmine's in excellent hands. Now let Harper tend to you." He urged, taking ahold of Harlow's shoulder and trying to move her away from Jasmine.

"Stop it Nick!" Harlow snapped, ripping her shoulder out of his hold. "I'm staying until they're done." She forcefully spoke, walking around to the other side of the bed.

"Harlow I'll be okay." Jasmine mumbled calmly, tilting her head sideways so she was looking at Harlow. "And it will make me feel a lot better if you get seen to."

Harlow inhaled deeply and let out a long sigh. "I've said I'm fine. I'm not leaving your side." She repeated, shooting Jasmine a look.

Nick rolled his eyes and clenched his fist at his side. "Harlow..." He muttered warningly, obviously growing irritated by Harlow. "You've got bullet wounds, please stop acting like you've not."

Harlow whipped her head around to look at Nick. "I've been shot before and I'll be shot again." She hissed, effectively shutting the man down.

"Whatever, just clean up the blood your dripping onto the floor after." Nick scoffed, folding his arms over his chest, his eyes roaming to the puddle of blood gathering in the floor.

Harlow's eyes followed Nicks, widening ever so slightly when she saw the volume of blood. Her eyebrows furrowed as she glanced around her body. "Where else have I been shot?!"

"For the love of god!" Nick exclaimed with a huff, his arms being thrown to his sides. "Sit the fuck down!" He instructed, spluttering angrily, "I'm not playing around. Sit. Down!"