71 - Two Weeks

{CHAPTER SEVENTY-ONE}
"Potter and Black are bloody useless right now."

It had been two weeks

Two weeks filled with the boys counting down the minutes and seconds since their phone call with the Avengers. They'd heard nothing more, constantly spamming the phone number but receiving no answer in return.

It was beyond frustrating for the boys. It was becoming hard to concentrate in classes, their minds far too preoccupied with their missing friend. Frankly they were fed up. Fed up of being left behind, in the unknown. It certainly wasn't something they had agreed on when they said goodbye to Harlow in America.

They had absolutely no clue if the Avengers had managed to get Harlow back, or if she was still stuck in the hands of her captors. The thought made them sick. For all they knew Harlow could be dead.

The boys sudden different in their manners was noticed by the majority of the school. Any pranks that the boys managed to carry out, which was very few, failed miserably. Or they were in some other way wildly disappointing and tame. They weren't themselves and the whole school noticed. Even the teachers. They also noticed Harlow's disappearance. They had gotten used to seeing the marauder boys with their red-headed friend over the better part of a year. At first nobody dared to ask, not even Dumbledore but he caved into his curiosity. His questioning went down rather badly with the boys who had promised to keep everything a secret.

However Alice, was struggling to stop herself from interrogating they boys. Harlow and her had become a lot closer over the course of the past month. They regularly chose to sit together whenever they were early to breakfast. Alice would sometimes join her in the library before Remus would join her for their morning study sessions. Both of them awoke early in the morning, their friends choosing to sleep for longer.

In the limited time they spent together a surprising friendship was formed. Back in first year whilst the two girls were apart of the same friendship group, they weren't particularly close. Harlow couldn't quite understand why her first year self never truly valued Alice how she should've been. Alice was one of the most generous and kind people Harlow had ever met. But when she needed to, she wouldn't take shit from anyone. Alice was strong and sensible, and despite having a stable relationship with Frank she still made time for her friends. In Harlow's eyes she was a truly amazing human being.

For Harlow it was also refreshing having a female friend. Before she never though it mattered to her that all her close friends were guys. But she immediately noticed a difference. It was just easier for Harlow to talk to Alice about boys and other shenanigans that the boys just didn't quite grasp.

Alice's friends were unaware of the new pairing. Which was exactly why it came as such a surprise to them when she sat down with the Marauder boys. Alice had been silently eating her breakfast, stuck in her own head. Lily was chatting away, ranting about the most recent potions assignment. That was until her eyes fell onto the arriving marauder boys. Immediately the conversation changed as did the volume she was speaking at.