28 - Helicarrier Attack

{CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT}
"Come on Hulk, let Bruce back."

Harlow hadn't felt that angry in herself for a while

Harlow hadn't felt that angry in herself for a while. The second before the explosion hit, she finally managed to sense the heat and energy signatures. She was beyond frustrated in that split second that she let herself grow distracted by the childish behaviour.

"Expl-" Is all Harlow could shout out in warning to the rest before she was thrown forward, head hitting off one of the lab tables, her body smacking into the side of it.

As she fell, in what felt like slow motion, the extra energy in the room from the explosion was irresistible. Harlow had no control when she consumed some of the energy. 

Collective groans could be heard throughout the room as everyone tried to size up their injuries.

Harlow pulled herself up into a sitting position and rested against the side of the table. Her hand slowly moved, easing its pain from landing on it, and touched her head. Harlow sighed heavily as she felt liquid smear from her forehead and onto her fingers.

"Harlow, you alright?" Nick asked as he crouched next to her.

Harlow didn't offer a reply, instead she snapped her head up with her eyes widened. "Jasmine." She murmured quietly, her voice etched with concern.

"Go, she'll be in the canteen." Nick told her while forcing a comm into her blood stained hand. "Get her to her room and tell her to do the lock in sequence. She'll be safe from there. Whatever it takes." He clearly instructs and watched Harlow scramble to her feet.

What he didn't say however, was how her eyes were a orangey-red colour. Something that made the man very nervous.

Harlow ran out the lab only seconds after Steve and Tony left to fix the newly broken engines. But, she couldn't let herself get distracted by that. She needed to find Jasmine.

As she sprinted down the hallways, Harlow placed the comm in her ear and made sure to turn it on. She could now hear in one of her ears the quiet discussion going on between different agents.

Harlow made sure to tune it out for the time being, knowing how important it was for her to find Jasmine. She had no time to be distracted. Harlow knew from experience what hesitation and distraction could cost you.

As she ran into the canteen, Harlow scanned the room. She couldn't see her, but she could feel her. "Jasmine." Harlow whispered, loud enough so someone would be able to hear her.

"Harlow?" Jasmine's voice squeaked from under a table as her head popped out the side. "Oh thank god!" She cried as she stood and ran straight into Harlow for comfort.

Harlow let out a bit of forced air from the impact of Jasmine running into her stomach, but never the less, wrapped her arms around Jasmine.

"There-there was just a- I don't know." Jasmine spluttered as she gripped Harlow's centre tightly, once again clutching harshly onto Harlow, like Harlow was her lifeline.