73 - Hello Death

{CHAPTER SEVENTY-THREE}
"It is not your time Harlow."

Warning - Mentions of suicidal thoughts and chosen starvation

Warning - Mentions of suicidal thoughts and chosen starvation. Darker themes like suicide will be continued on in future chapter, please let me know if you would like a disclaimer or warning before each chapter. 

There was something so comforting about death to Harlow. The thought of no longer living never scared her. She had always expected to die sooner than others. Her death was going to be unpredictable - something she had come to terms with. The girl had had previous events were for a moment she wished to die. In anger and sadness, Harlow would reach for the end to happen. Then, death was like a dream. A fantasy she could never have.

But now, death was truer than ever. When reaching out her hand, in front of her face, Harlow could feel deaths grasp on her. It affected the way she moved, making her actions sluggish. Death made her mind un-clear and cloudy. It was a hypnotic feeling. In some ways Harlow desired it. She loved when she didn't have to think about every all at once.

Harlow's was dying.

Unlike other close calls, this time it was a slow progress. Her body started decaying the moment she was brought back to Hydra. Each day Harlow spends lifeless in her cell, kills her a little but more.

It was oh so exciting to Harlow. The possibility that she would finally have a moment of peace, one that lasted forever. Harlow rejected all the notions of her life flashing before her eyes. Not only did she not care for it, she feared it. Seeing every single bad thing she had ever done was not something she wished for seconds before she reached the end of the tunnel. The girl knew what her 'life' had consisted of. More torturous and cruel memories than nice ones. She thought a sudden death would work the best for herself.

She tested all the boundaries that had been previously set. She had refused to do anything that they asked off her. Regularly injuring a guard. One time she even scared one into a heart attack. She made noise. Throwing fits to try and evoke the reaction she wanted. She screamed for hours on end until her throat was so raw and painful, that no noise would come out. She did it all in the hopes that she would force them to kill her. She realised that it wouldn't be that easy for her to get peace and meet her final rest.

She was just too valuable to them. That fact was one that no doubt made her pretend mother proud. She helped raise a monster who Hydra refused to put down. Their future relied so heavily on Harlow's shoulders that they would never dare put a bullet between the girls eyes.

So instead she let herself waste away. It was the only option. Her silence was immediately met with a reaction. Ironic huh, when she wanted one she failed to procure an audience, but the moment she stopped, she was constantly nagged with one. Pierce recognised his mistake, angered by his blindness. Wanda wasn't ready yet for the plan. He should've waited to completely break and shatter the girls world. But, he was an impatient man and was left with a girl that may be past repairing. If she died, he wouldn't be able to shape her into his perfect weapon.