9 - Punishment

{CHAPTER NINE}
"Look nobody dies, it was a fight."

Punishment is the consequence of certain actions

Punishment is the consequence of certain actions. It doesn't have to be strict and catastrophic. For example if you forgot to have breakfast in the morning as punishment of your actions you're left with a rumbling stomach until you find time to something.

In the other cases it can feel fatal and usually it's well deserved. Prison time as a punishment for robbery.

Of course, there's the middle ground measurement of punishment. For the acts that have caused a little harm that most likely not permanent. The consequence is notably inconvenient and harsh but it isn't the end of the world. Often the punishment does not deter people from committing the offence.

In Hogwarts there are four individuals who seem to fall under that category. No matter how many detentions they get, the Marauder boys are still relentless with their pranks.

But, them four weren't the ones under scrutiny, for once.

Harlow was sat rather relaxed, sprawled over the uncomfortable wooden seat opposite Dumbledore's desk in his office. She wasn't alone however, accompanying her were three other individuals sat with her.

"How can you be so relaxed? You're getting questioned about hurting a fellow student!" Lily Evans, who sat to the right of Harlow, squeaked as she sat stiffly on her own chair. Lily was to have her back straight, knees tightly together and her hands clasped on her lap. She found it almost admirable how care-free Harlow was in the moment, key word is almost.

"Oh calm down. Fights happened all the time." Sirius reasoned from the seat furthest left of Harlow. "Especially between Gryffindors and Slytherins" Sirius added as he himself swung in his chair, muttering every so often about random topics.

"Just be quiet Sirius." Remus hushed him. "He's just enjoying the fact it isn't him getting in trouble for scraping someone." Remus noted aloud in a pathetic attempt to lighten the mood.

"Godric!" Lily sighed heavily and shook her head disapprovingly.

"You know being the person Harlow defended, you would think that you would be a bit more grateful." Sirius pointed out to Lily, enjoying winding the girl up. He was certainly finding Lilys annoyance in the situation rather amusing.

"I'd do it for others and I don't want any praise." Harlow interfered fiercely trying to put an end to any and all conversations until Dumbledore arrived.

Dumbledore made his appearance only five minutes after Harlow managed to shut down all talking.

He paced through the room and over to his desk. In the silence the kids could hear his feet hitting against the floor and his chair scraping loudly as he pulled it out.

Dumbledore waiting a minute before speaking. He ran his eyes over the four students sitting opposite him and tried to get a sense of what they were thinking. "I'm guessing you know why I've called you four into my office tonight." Dumbledore started, "Somehow I've only just now heard about your actions today."