7 - House Prejudice

{CHAPTER SEVEN}
"Could you teach me how to defend myself?"

Prejudice is everywhere, even in the dark corner it lurks

Prejudice is everywhere, even in the dark corner it lurks. It doesn't attempt to hide what it is. Prejudice fuels so many peoples words and thought. It is one of the most dangerous things in the world.

In Hogwarts the main type of prejudice is house based. Depending on many things that are impacted by your upbringing, the young wizards get sorted into one out of four houses.

Gryffindor for the brave and chivalrous.

Hufflepuff for the loyal and patient.

Slytherin for the ambitious and cunning.

Ravenclaw for the intelligent and witty.

These are labelled as the traits of each individual house but not many refer to them. When spoken negatively the houses develop new traits. Ones that the other houses would spit at them, to shame their house.

Gryffindor would become the house for the brawling and brainless.

Hufflepuff for the naive and dependant.

Slytherin for the evil and cruel.

And Ravenclaw for the know-it-all's and judgmental.

The judgement was everywhere and caused more harmful impact than anyone wound like to admit. Take the Black brothers for instant. Completely severed due to houses and abusive family.

While one brother lived the life he wanted, being vocal about what he believed in, but getting cruelty punished. The other brother fearing doing anything he truly desired or wanted to do after seeing his brother bleed and scream due to their parents.

That was what lead him to the room of requirement. It was the only place he felt truly safe and at ease. If the other pure-blood Slytherins, that his parents force him to befriend, knew of his true inner thoughts they would either hurt him or his parents would. It could be potentially be fatal to the young boy.

He walked quickly but silently through the school. The last thing he needed was to be caught out during the curfew.

He paced outside and waited for the door to pop up. When it did he sighed deeply in relief. Regulus opened the door with no hesitation, barley even looking into the room. He shut the door behind him and turned back to face into the darkened room.

But then, something was flying at his face. He couldn't tell what it was, to him all he could see was a flash. And then a loud noise less than a centimetre from his head.

His gasp bounded around the silent room as he looked to the side and saw a silver knife in the door.

"The fuck?" He whispered in alarm. He extended his hand and tried to remove the knife from the wooden door, but it was stuck.