11 - Bruises

{CHAPTER ELEVEN}
"I never make a promise."

Bruises when pressed on can cause immense pain

Bruises when pressed on can cause immense pain. It can be a dull pain or a shooting one. It reflects on the reason the bruise was formed. In many cases the situation which brought the bruise is more painful to be talked about than the bruise.

So as a response, like a bruise responds to injury, we like to forget why it's there and lie when asked.

In many cases, a bruise is a reminder of the bad parts of life.

"Бей сильнее" *punch harder* Harlow yelled out her instructions forcefully and extremely loudly. She watched carefully, like a hawk, as she observed Regulus and Evan working with the punching bags, once again.

Much to their obvious dismay, Harlow insisted on working on their punches once again during their training. She was being even harsher than she had ever been before and far more critical. It was all for a reason of course. A bad punch can be even the supposed best fighters downfall.

A killer punch can be ones biggest advantage. An advantage Harlow had.

"Стоп!" *Stop!* Harlow called out to the boys. Evan and Regulus of course didn't speak Russian. But over their last few session they managed to pick up on a few key phrases Harlow used. To them they were confused where it came from and why she spoke in the language. But they didn't question it, they'd be in for it if they did.

"You aren't getting it." She criticised, a large frown on her face. "I don't know how else to teach you." She groaned, her method wasn't working and the only other method she knew was how she was trained and that was vile.

"I don't know what you want from us." Evan huffed as he leant against the wall for support. In his mind he was doing everything right. It was apart of Evans slightly obnoxious charm.

"How badly do you need this?" Harlow bluntly asked, her voice laced with clear hesitation and doubt.

"I need this." Regulus snapped back, "I do, okay."

"Then we'll be taking it up a notch. You're free to quit whenever but don't expect me to welcome you back if you do." Harlow harshly spoke and pulled the boys by the arm over to the centre of the room. "Evan get your wand." She instructed and he did so.

"Why do I need to-"

"Ow fuck!" Regulus cried out, clutching his throbbing cheek and eye. "Evan grab your fucking wand!" He begged as he clutched his face tightly. The pain was immense, probably the worst pain Regulus had ever felt.

"Come on, chop chop. Heal him." Harlow muttered to Evan as she rolled her eyes at both of the boys slow reflexes. In a way she knew deep down she was covering up another emotion with annoyance, but she didn't want to dig that up.