13 - Hangovers

{CHAPTER THIRTEEN}
"I could be a doctor after today."

People like to claim that the world is balanced

People like to claim that the world is balanced. You get something good, then something bad comes. The world always evens things out.

Because of this, hangovers were invented.

After a fun filled night with alcohol, the pain and nausea takes over. The previous night of dancing and singing replaced with headaches and exhaustion.

Hangovers are enough hassle to make people claim they will never drink again. But they always do. Their swearing off alcohol never lasts for long.

Remus jerked up in his bed with a loud and pain fuelled groan. He very reluctantly and slowly peeled his eyes open and peered around the lit up room. "Fucking curtains." He grumbled as the sun shone directly in his eyes.

Remus heard a rustle to his right followed by a pleading, "Shut up!" mumbled by Peter with a wince as he pressed his hands to his throbbing head. "Godric I'm never going to drink again." He falsely claimed at a quiet whisper and rolled over in his bed.

The loud crash of Peter rolling the wrong way and onto the floor woke up the remaining two Marauders. Both of them hissed and groaned as they awoke.

"Bloody hell." Sirius moaned as he shielded his eyes with his pillow.

"Shut up." James spat as he pulled the curtains around his bed shut, effectively shutting out the light. "I feel fucking awful." He complained and tried his best to ignore the pain and snuggled back into his warm bedding.

"Just. Shut. Up." Remus repeated forcefully, what Peter and James both said. "Someone get something to help." He instructed but was met with a lot of annoying protest. "I'm not going, I also have to do it." Remus concluded and refused to leave his warm and satisfying cocoon.

"Nope." Peter sighed and pulled his blanket of his bed and around himself as he lay on the floor. "Not moving." He muttered stubbornly.

None of them had to as their saviour knocked on the door.

"Come in." Peter weakly croaked out and into the ground, listening to the door creaking open.

"Wow you look like crap." Harlow announced with amusement. She found herself enjoying seeing the usually rowdy bunch, that had a need for pestering her, knocked silent.

"Appreciate that." James sarcastically mumbled as he poked his head out between his curtains. "What'd ya want?" He asked quietly and squeezed his eyes shut.

"To thank you lot for everything you've been doing, I've got something that will help." Harlow explained and showed off her pill bottle. She shook her hand and the sound of the pills inside bouncing against the plastic cylinder echoes through the silent dorm.