20 - Finnic Lewis

{CHAPTER TWENTY}
"You're not supposed admit weakness."

Finnic Lewis, a young agent in training

Finnic Lewis, a young agent in training. Confident beyond belief, at least that's what Harlow would say to describe him. In the extremely short time Harlow had known him, she made a split judgement.

To her, Finnic Lewis is cocky and radiates the qualities of a prick.

Of course that conclusion was made after only the first five minutes of interaction. One of which he spent holding his neck and gasping from pain. It was just after Nick had left to deal with something unknown to the pair of them. And Finnic was still complaining about the pain from Harlow's punch.

"I thought you were supposed to be good at this." Harlow snarked as she stood watching the boy make a massive fuss over her punch. "You didn't last very long." She added as she mocked a sad face at him.

"Are you always like this?" Finnic spat, rubbing his neck with his hand. "Come on then if you're so good." He goaded her on, returning his hands to their defensive position. "Go on!" He repeated loudly and started to circle Harlow.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Harlow scoffed, looking over her shoulder and spinning around to watch him as he circled her. "What movie have you seen this in?"

"Just fight me!"

And she did. Finnic's fighting was a lot more technical and skilled that time around. His moves were quicker and he was much more prepared to dodge Harlow's punches. Together the two of them had created a fighting sequence. Punch. Dodge. Punch. Dodge. Punch. Kick. And so on.

Harlow no longer had the advantage of being underestimated, but she still had other advantages.

The main one was her analytical and complex mind that allows her to calculate his moves and predict his next. Her fast moving brain also gives Harlow the opportunity to evaluate his skills while they're fighting, further developing his list of known weaknesses.

So while they both put up a good fight, Harlow took the win after perfectly delivering a roundhouse kick to the side of his head, brining Finnic down to the ground.

Harlow was not unharmed after the fight. She had received quite a few punches and one kick to her side. Harlow knew from the feeling that the punch, that landed on her cheek, would leave a bruise.

Unlike last time the two of them accepted the fight and remained civil.

"So, how come you're so special to Fury?" Finnic asked as he sat down on one of the benches at the side of the room. His breath was slightly laboured as he grabbed his water bottle and downed a decent amount of it.

"I'm not." Harlow replied and dropped herself down onto the bench next to him. "I've only just met him, but I guess he's known me since I was one."