27 - Adults acting like Children

{CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN}
"Can we just have a grown up conversation without taking digs at each other?"

{CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN}"Can we just have a grown up conversation without taking digs at each other?"

[⚠️Mention of suicide and LOTS of dialogue]

The next morning Harlow woke up with a mix of feelings. She was still irritated and bummed that she failed in gaining any information from Loki. But, at the same time, she did manage to spike him with a desperation and got away with the whole mission.

So there was failure and success. And Harlow was trying to learn to see the better side to things, something Jasmine suggested to her while they were cuddled together on a couch in Fury's office.

God if a month ago Harlow saw what she did yesterday, she would be repulsed in her actions.

While Natasha went to go and work her magic on Loki and Steve went investigating. Bruce and Tony ventured to the lab with Harlow following behind. The three of them worked once again together to locate the cube. The day before, the two men got close to setting up the model to sweep the area for the cube, and were in the final stages. Harlow figured she could help with the finishing touches or at least occupy herself with conversation with the two.

"So mini smart person." Tony called out randomly grabbing Harlow's attention. She looked up at him curiously and tilted her head to the side. "Again how did you know all the numbers?" He queried as he glanced up from the work he was doing on the screen and to her.

"Just do." Harlow responded, repeating what she told his yesterday, and shrugged her shoulders, "Oh and Tony?"

"Yes?"

"Next time you want information and a gateway into SHIELD's information just ask me. I've very good a procuring information." Harlow smugly told him but tried her best to sound unbothered. However inside she was feeling a slight hopefulness to impress him.

Her emotions were becoming more and more complicated to her as the days progressed.

"How did you?" Tony mumbled as he scratched the back of his neck.

"Just do." Harlow repeated and felt a sly grin creep on her face.

"You know, you seem to be a smart kid." Tony muttered as he narrowed his eyes on her face.

"I would have to agree with you." Bruce spoke over from his spot and nodded his head. "She understood Selvig's notes on the first read." Bruce pointed out, mentioning their conversation from the day before.

"As did I." Tony noted aloud, "Hey, you're like a mini me. Mini female me." He mused enthusiastically and held his hand up for a high five.

Harlow rolled her eyes but still connected her hand with Tony's in a high five.

"Well what do we have here..." Tony mumbled to himself as he scanned the screen. Just as he was doing so Fury marched in looking all athorative and strict.