17 - Christams Ball

{CHAPTER SEVENTEEN}
"You're not the only one needing reassurance tonight, James."

Christmas balls are some of the most memorable events for some, while for others their least

They're certainly not for everyone and for many reasons. The clothes. The dancing. The food. The music. Anything and everything.

It can be a lot, entirely overwhelming, and for some a ball is something they despise the idea of. Harlow was one of these people. She still didn't get the whole scenario fully. After Remus' dress comment she did have the odd flashback of spinning while laughing. But that was all.

What baffled her, was how singular her opinion seemed to be. Everyone was ecstatic and spent their time searching for dates and outfits rather than things Harlow deemed valuable, like her training.

Or her time in the library with the self proclaimed Marauders, not that she would ever tell them that.

After her little hissy-fit, Harlow was determined to keep her icy act up. But the boys melted her once again. They themselves got warm hearts when they witnessed first hand the protectiveness she holds for them.

It didn't last long at all, mostly due Sirius. After having missed their morning meet-ups in the library, Sirius made sure to catch Harlow when she left her room. She was surprised when all he did was remind her to write down her measurements, then left. It was entirely out of character. He didn't bug her in anyway way or feel the need to hug her, something she hadn't done since the first time on the Quidditch pitch.

Later that night, Harlow ventured up to the boys dormitory and politely knocked on their door. She had only been up to their room once, when they were hungover and in need of help. The boys happily welcomed her in and were delighted when she proposed hanging out for the night.

At the end of the night she remembered to give Sirius her measurements and she felt compelled to give him a hug, which resulted in her giving them all a hug.

"I've went with this for as long as I can, but this is just too weird." Harlow muttered and pulled herself out of James grasp before he could pass her off to Peter again, whom she had already hugged three time.

The four boys paused for a second and then the sound of rambunctious laughter echoed throughout the room. They were doubled over in laughter while Harlow stood in the centre of them, judging them silently in he mind.

"Godric, I can't believe you went with it!" James wheezed out as he literally slapped his knee. He used the edge of the closest bed to stabilise himself as they continued to cackle on. "You-you just kept going between us."

Harlow's jaw dropped as she looked between the boys accusingly. They planned it. And she was stupid enough to let it go on for so long. "Well I-well I didn't want to- ugh, forget it. I'm in need of a shower now to wash off you lot. So thanks for that!" She moodily scoffed and stalked straight over to the door with a huff.