51 - Boy who cried werewolf

{CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE}
"Go to sleep. Go to sleep. Go to sleep."

Secret are made to be kept

For most individuals secrets are small and not usually life changing. For many teenage girls their biggest secret is who they fancy or what they did at a party.

But not Harlow.

No, Harlow's whole existence is filled with secrets. She has a fair share of smaller ones like how she slept with Sirius.

But her other secrets are life changing.

Harlow appeared in Dumbledore's office late in the Sunday night. She had her duffle bag in her grasp and her wand in the other.

Dumbledore snapped his head up to look at the girl and away from his artefacts. He did a double take as he saw Harlow. She looked rough, and she sure as hell felt it.

Harlow blinked slowly as she stepped forward and out of the fireplace. "I'm uh-I'm back." She muttered, hiking the strap of her bag further up her shoulder. "I'm just gonna-"

Dumbledore turned towards Harlow. "I was surprised that there was no news coverage like last time." He remarked as he strolled over to stand in front of Harlow.

Harlow's eyes narrowed at the man, the bags under her eyes wrinkling as she did so. "This wasn't a battle or a war. It was a mission." She stated, "A secret mission that the muggle public will have no knowledge of." She added.

Dumbledore slowly nodded and hummed in agreement. "I understand." He simply said and gestured towards the exit of his office.

Harlow exhaled with relief and made her way to the set of stairs. Before she got out of view Dumbledore called out to her, "Good to have you back, Miss Loughty."

Harlow cringed at his words and continued on down the stairs. She knew Dumbledore wasn't glad to have her back. He was just thankful that he could keep an eye on her and try to control the girl.

"Whatever." Harlow murmured to herself as she left his office. The halls were dark and not at all lit well. With Harlow's cloudy head she thought it to be best to use her wand as a light.
She cast lumos and held her wand as she walked.

It was a short walk to the Gryffindor common room but it took longer than it should for Harlow to get back into it. She found herself exhausted by the time she got back to her room after climbing up the many stairs.

She was more than ready to just burrow herself into her blankets and create a warm cocoon. But first she wanted to change. Harlow wasn't in her hospital gown but she was in a pair of jeans and a jumper, she needed to be comfortable first.

Harlow was quick to remove her bra and let out a sigh of relief after doing so. She was still burning up, her temperature not lowering since the surgery. Harlow doesn't feel heat so she usually sleeps in a pair of cotton shorts with a vest top.