63 - Sam Wilson

{CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE}
"Eh... who's this?"

Harlow had fallen asleep fairly quickly during the car journey

Harlow had fallen asleep fairly quickly during the car journey. Nat almost burst out laughing at the sight of the girl. The way Harlow's mouth hung widely open with her head lolled against the head rest, was comical. She looked absolutely ridiculous.

The car slowly pulled to a stop, "This is it." Steve announced under his breath, looking out at the destination that he immediately recognised. It was strange being back, especially after so long. It had clearly been neglected after the war and was never used again.

"The file came from these coordinates." Nat confirmed, briefly looking out of the window. She glanced back at Harlow, a smile growing on her face. "I don't wanna wake her up." She told Steve, causing him to look back and nearly let out chuckle at the sight. "She's having a hard time."

"You know that she'll kill us if we don't and go in without her." Steve replied, unbuckling his seat belt to allow him to reach her. He shook her shoulder softly, trying to wake her up.

Nat took in Steve's pathetic attempt to wake up the stubborn and heavy sleeping girl. In a split second she turned around in her seat and flicked Harlow harshly on her forehead.

Harlow inhaled sharply as she woke up. Groaning as she reached up to her forehead where a small twinge of pain came from.  "Twat." She muttered pointedly, aimed at the smirking red head in front of her. "I'll wipe that smirk of your face." She threatened lightheartedly and groggily, still coming to her senses.

Nat rolled her eyes over-dramatically and playfully, "Ah yes the girl who still trains after being shot finds getting flicked on the head painful." She snarked, "We're here. This is where the file came from." She added, bringing Harlow up to speed.

"And also where I did." Steve revealed, opening the car door. The three of them started walking around, trying to pinpoint where the signal came from. "This camp is where I was trained."

Nat nodded, "Changed much?" She asked.

Steve nodded slowly, "A little." He answered in agreement.

"I mean it has been what? A hundred years." Harlow quipped cheekily, a teasing smile on her face as she took yet another chance to call him old or ancient.

Steve gently shoved the girl, thankful to see her in a bit of a better mood than before. It seemed her nap had refreshed her and given her a chance to set her priorities straight. Nicks death was still at the forefront of her mind beside the shooter that is basically her family. But she was trying to focus on what she had to do at the moment.

"This is a dead end." Nat pointed out.

Harlow hummed in agreement, "Zero heat signature." She added, using a low percentage of her powers to check the vicinity for anyone else.