8 - Urges

{CHAPTER EIGHT}
"You should beg!"

Urges are things that all people fight

Urges are things that all people fight. Every singled moment or everyday they all beg to be completed.

Sometimes the urges fight to the death, popping up every second until satisfied. Others if ignored dwindle away.

A lot of urges are reoccurring. They frequent your mind most of the time and even once their satisfied return after less than a day.

Now, some of these urges are utterly harmless. It could be as simple as putting on lip balm or having a drink of water. These urges are entirely safe and mundane.

But you have others. Most are lucky enough never to have them. Those urges cause harm to either oneself or other individuals.

And it was that type of urges that frequented Harlow's mind. Hers were potentially deadly to herself and murderous to others.

For someone who believed to hate the colour red so much as it reminded her of blood, it was rather ironic how captivated she was by it. The way it would run so carelessly from a wound, soaking your clothes and dying them the colour.

Harlow knew very well how lethal she could be. She had experienced it first hand. The blood she spilled, the lives she took. No one was more wary or the power she had with just her hands.

Maybe it was due to the fact that no one truly knew. Harlow wasn't dumb. She was clever enough to know Dumbledore had his reservations about her, and rightly so. But, she was very self conscious in knowing she would be straight out of the school if he understood the extent of her deadly-ness.

Luckily she had managed to keep it well under wraps. Only having one explosive argument and many snarky comments. She made sure there was no physical violence against another student, even though she thought many deserved it.

That was of course until the girls very protective nature bubbled to the surface. She had always had a protective side to her, she just wasn't aware it still warranted for the people she used to call her best friends.

They hadn't talked since she exploded in the common room around a month ago. That, she was thankful for. No annoying voices constantly asking question and trying to get in her business.

So it definitely came as a surprise for her and the others when she defended Lily Evans rather heatedly.

Harlow never claimed to despise the girl. She was very clear that she wanted nothing at all to do with her. That much was evident. So for Harlow to voluntarily get involved and put herself at risk wasn't expected at all.

It would be important to note that Harlow had once more barley slept. Her memory plagued mind continued to show her the monster she truly was.

She was on edge and it was undeniable. Anyone that spared a glance at her could tell she wasn't truly there.