56 - Differences

{CHAPTER FIFTY-SIX}
"Hey- no. I'm the one that's deemed as a monster. Okay!"

The day finally came for the projects to be shown in History of Magic

The day finally came for the projects to be shown in History of Magic. The scheduled date to present them was weeks ago but their teacher couldn't shut up for long enough to give them the chance to do so. Harlow and Freya didn't practise enough and for many reasons.

One. The subject was a tough spot for Harlow. She was trying to appreciate the good parts of being a mutant. But, the school project was focusing on all the negatives. Secondly, due to the major rough patch the group was going through, Harlow didn't feel compelled to go to the library to finish the presentation.

So Harlow and Freya had a pretty shitty presentation. But, Harlow agreed to take the blame after sensing Freya's nervousness.

The whole school knew of the turmoil between the Marauder group. It's certainly wasn't invisible. The group of five hadn't sat all together since the incident and they weren't causing their usual mayhem and chaos.

Many students missed the hilarious pranks that the boys brought to the school. They distracted students from their school work and exams to entertain them. However, those who were usually the butt of their jokes, were glad for a break.

Due to this knowledge, Freya had given Harlow slack. But to be honest, Freya was intimidated by the girl and would never try to educate her or dictate what she did. Practically every single soul in the school was intimidated by Harlow. Ever since she threatened the Slytherin that bullied Lily, leaving him as good as dead — no he was actually fine... unfortunately.

Freya and Harlow were the last pair to present their project. Something neither of them were looking forward to. Sirius and James awkwardly delivered their presentation with their partners. Sirius had to deal with Louise basically clinging to him. He cared more to be mindful with the negative words they were saying about people like Harlow. They knew they couldn't change their presentations as that would be very suspicious.

Harlow had precisely reassured them all, but she couldn't deny it still hurt to hear those words. That her kind was monsters and basically dirty mongrels. No good, wastes of space. The wizarding world were seeming to be framing the mutants. Portaying them as the villains even though Harlow knew it had to be a lie.

Human history and Wizarding history clashed tremendously. Leaving Harlow knowing that so much was made up. And her captors took great glory threatening her with what happens to her ancestors.

Harlow had to forcefully bite her tongue to stop herself from saying something sarcastic while they started up their presentation. She was already at a higher level of anger due to the abilities, they had to research, being some of her own - pyrokinesis. A part of Harlow wanted to surprise them with a demonstration just to show how truly powerful she could be. How powerful her people could be.