12 - Halloween

{CHAPTER TWELVE}
"Thank you."

TW ~ brief mentions of animal neglect, light violence/torture and death

Halloween also know as spooky season, is a brilliant time of the year. In the past the people believed it to be the night when they could take charge and frighten all the ghosts and demons away.

Nowadays and more modernly, Halloween is the day to get dressed in a costume, scary or not, and have a good old party. Go trick or treating or perhaps dance the night away.

For most people Halloween was only seen in the modern light, a holiday to dress up. But for Harlow, she was taking to the old fashioned vision. Trying to chase her demons or at the very least get rid of them for one night.

Harlow wanted a distraction, it was the main reason why she agreed to attend the party. And also due to the unnecessary pestering of the Marauders. The four boys hijacked her forced study session with Remus, making them anything but studying.

They did respect her contact boundaries and James made sure not to ask too many personal questions. The four boys kept to light hearted questions that had no real meaning. Peter was still quite hesitant, but he was getting there.

Harlow hadn't even considered wearing a costume. She had assumed no one would care is she didn't, since she herself couldn't give a fuck. But no. The Marauders boys weren't letting her get away with not joining in.

"Harlow you have to dress up!" James protested loudly earning them a glare from the older librarian.

Harlow shook her head in disagreement making James groan. "No I don't." She replied as she flicked to the next page of her book and began scanning the information.

"Why yes, yes you do." Sirius butted in and leaned over the table and moved his face to awkwardly block Harlow's view of her book. "Please?" He pouted.

"I don't have anything to be anyway." Harlow stated with a shrug.

"We have a Hogsmeade visit tomorrow so you can buy one." Peter told her with a big grin. He was just trying to resolve the issue and didn't pick up fully on the girls negative thoughts.

"Yeah you could be a angel or something." Sirius butted in, "I've seen loads of girls go as that. You'll fit right in."

"I'm sure Harlow's capable of finding her own costume." Remus interjected with a short sigh. "Now back to the homework, who's done it?"

Peter launched his hand into the air earning a glance from Harlow. She still followed his actions and raised her own arm. James and Sirius exchanged a look and smiled sheepishly at Remus.

"Sorry moons." James kept the smile on his face as he muttered his very insincere apology.

"Yeah I'm very sorry indeed." Sirius uttered mockingly. "Care to share you're answers!" He asked with a cheeky grin, already reaching for his homework.