42 - Classroom Partners

{CHAPTER FORTY-TWO}
"I'm not going mad, I am mad, I am fucking furious."

The week following the incident with Harlow and Sirius went fairly smoothly

The week following the incident with Harlow and Sirius went fairly smoothly. They had agreed to not mention what happened and to move on. There were still times when awkwardness popped up between the two of them. The first day after they decided to pretend it never happened, the two of them couldn't be left alone together. Which in turn left Harlow spending an afternoon with Alice.

But things were back in swing.

Harlow and Remus spent their morning in the library before class. Harlow was still teaching him bit and bobs of Russian. So far Remus knew the alphabet, numbers and Harlow's favourite catch phrases. She hadn't even bothered trying to teach him to write in Russian. She was leaving that until later.

Remus still followed Dumbledore's orders and provided Harlow with tutoring. In their tutoring time there wasn't actually that much learning on Harlow's behalf. But, Remus actually learnt a bunch of random facts about random topics, which he thoroughly enjoyed.

The best part about it was the other Marauder boys just left them to it. Peter never likes to leave his bed before he had to, James would rather spend the time socialising in the Great Hall and Sirius just hated the library with a passion. The only times he would set foot in it was to capture Remus.

At first Harlow was, for obvious reasons, not fond with the idea. She slowly started to enjoy it over the first half of the year, somewhat begrudgingly. Now, she loved the time they spent in the library. She found it absolutely hilarious teaching Remus. Something both of them enjoyed to laugh about.

After their time in the library, Remus and Harlow would always join the rest of the Marauders in the Great Hall. Which was no different to the day that Classroom partners were set.

Harlow was slumped in her seat at the Gryffindor table. To her left sat Peter and on the other side of the table the three other boys sat. Harlow was exhausted from a night full of training with Natasha over video call and after training Regulus and Evan. She was quite detached from the conversation, trying to focus on subtly generating energy within her body -something Harlow was learning to do.

James nudged Remus with his elbow, grabbing  Remus' attention before gesturing over to Harlow as she harshly blinked her eyes. Remus shrugged in response, unsure himself why the girl was so sleepy. He just assumed she didn't sleep well and figured there was no point in asking.

Before James got the chance to ask, Alice joined the group. She skipped over, happily humming to herself, and chose to sit next to Harlow. The boys were still unsure about what was going on between the two girls. They knew very well how closed off Harlow was and Alice suddenly just start talking to her, which the boys found strange.

Harlow looked to her right, sparing a glance at Alice. Harlow simply nodded her head in greeting and rested her head back on her hand. Alice narrowed her eyes at Harlow and watched her for a second. "Why are you so sleepy?" Alice asked, laying her head on her hand so she was looking at Harlow head on.