38 - Return to Hogwarts

{CHAPTER THRITY-EIGHT}
"I love Captain America!"

The train ride back to Hogwarts went surprisingly quickly, and it was a lot more pleasant than Harlow's earlier train ride

It was bizarre to her the changes in her personality and attitude since when she first returned to Hogwarts.

On the train the first time, she wanted to avoid everyone and was rather irritable. This time she welcomed the company and enjoyed it.

Remus caught up with some reading, often making remarks out loud while he did so. Peter slept most of the journey after finding it the best way to keep his travel sickness a bay. James and Sirius spent time planning pranks to run by the rest of the boys and did their homework last minute.

Harlow found herself being rather reflective during the journey. In her suitcase she had her new phone along with her pointe shoes. The jumper they got her of 'The Scorch' was at the bottom of her bag.

It turned out Harlow didn't have to reflect, considering as soon as they got in the Great Hall they had dinner and then Dumbledore greeted all the students with his thoughts on the Battle of New York.

Once everyone was sat down, at their house tables, Dumbledore stood up to do his usual speech after dinner. Except it wasn't as routine as usual.

"Student, students, welcome back." Dumbledore started, smiling brightly at the students. "I want to take a chance to address the recent problems in the muggle world that some of you may not know about, and offer my reassurance of you protection."

Harlow's jaw clenched as she looked up from her plate and over to the headmaster. She had to physically stop herself from storming up to him when she saw him looking directly at her.

"Very recently an army of creatures that don't belong to our planet tried to take over. Thankfully a group of muggles, with various skills, came together to put and end to that threat." Dumbledore explained, "I want to assure everyone that if necessary the wizarding world would have gotten involved but we deemed it safe not to get involved. But might I add, the American wizarding government had control over that."

Harlow turned away from Dumbledore, physically feeling herself heating up.

"See, I told you." James muttered to her, referring to her opinions on the wizarding world before, keeping his eyes focused on Dumbledore.

Harlow rolled her eyes at James, returning to look up to the front of the Great Hall, tensing at Dumbledores next actions.

"We thought it to be best if students who haven't yet seen it, get the chance to see footage from the day of the conflict." He expressed as he moved his wand and made a projection of the battle appear at the front of the hall.

The student gasped as they watched the eerie creatures, that Harlow knew to be Chitauri, descend into the skies through the large portal in the middle of it.