39 - Asgardian Ale

{CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE}
"I slept with Sirius."

Harlow groaned as she looked at Sirius, sleeping soundlessly next to her

Harlow groaned as she looked at Sirius, sleeping soundlessly next to her. She quickly felt around checking if she was wearing any clothes. And she was not. Her eyes widened and her jaw clenched.

The worst part was, she couldn't remember much. She could remember small patches of time, but not enough to piece the night together.

Harlow could remember saying goodbye to Finnic and promising to give him details of the party later. She could also remember sending a short message to Jasmine and then heading downstairs, into the common room.

The common room was already ridiculously busy. All the years where inside, including the younger years. Unlike a lot of the other parties even the first years were invited. Of course after a certain amount of time the younger years would either leave by choice or be asked to leave.

The Prewett brothers stood proudly in the centre of the room, enjoying the praises of the students. The boys had done a good job at decorating the room, even Harlow had to admit.

There were banners around the room, plastered onto the walls as well as hanging down from the ceiling, illustrated by the Gryffindor logo as well as welcoming words. The boys were very creative with their decorations considering the lack of resources. They had clearly ransacked a tacky party store as there was confetti and random balloons everywhere. They had also made their own decorations with cups and strings. In the farthest away corner of the room sat a high cup tower, which was charmed so it was un-breakable.

Harlow's issue was everything was so red. The boys weren't by her side to distract her from her surroundings, like they did unknowingly all the time. Just as her breathing started to speed up, Peter came skipping up to Harlow very enthusiastically.

"Have you seen the place?" Peter practically screamed as his eyes roamed the room in awe. He grabbed a hold of Harlow's hand and dragged her over to the other boys. It wasn't just the Marauder boys, they had also been joined by Frank Longbottom who brought along his girlfriend Alice and her friends.

James was obviously delighted, considering Lily was one of Alice's friends. At first Lily wasn't pleased with the idea of spending the party with James, but she gave in considering Alice wanted to have fun with her boyfriend.

"You look lovely Harlow." Alice complimented, sending Harlow a smile as Frank pulled her into his chest and whispered into her ear. Leaving a blushing Alice to excuse the two of them. "We're gonna go and grab a drink." She giggle, allowing Frank to lead her away from the group.

Lily watched the couple leave, silently wishing she had someone to be with. Don't get her wrong, she absolutely adored her friends. She just noticed times when she would be left alone. Alice would be with Frank, Marlene was still pretending that she wasn't interested in Dorcas, and Mary had friends in other houses that she would also spend time with.