74 - Mind Control

{CHAPTER SEVENTY-FOUR}
"The truth is that you're just a silly little girl who is nothing more than a murderer."

With Deaths words at the forefront of her mind, Harlow fought to stay alive

With Deaths words at the forefront of her mind, Harlow fought to stay alive. She forced her body to heal from all the torture she was confronted with. It was a complete one-eighty turn that completely shocked Pierce and the rest of Hydra. It had been an unexpected twist that made the man more than happy. Harlow wasn't forcing herself to live because she wished to keep breathing. She was purely doing what she needed to do to get her peace. The so called "fates" needed her alive for something and Harlow knew that the something would come much faster if she stopped lying lifelessly.

Harlow wasn't even really all that curious about what she was needed for. She had no clue how long she needed to be around for. She just hoped it was sooner rather than later. The girl felt immense self hatred for her cowardly ways. She knew that there was people that needed her, but she couldn't find it in herself to care. The Marauder boys had each other. They had survived quite successfully and contently without her before. The Avengers had not only each other but their own personal lives to keep them busy. Finnic and Jasmine had each other and they had been getting on fine while she was still in Scotland. Regulus and Evan would most likely become unhappy death eaters, but Harlow doubted she'd be much help in preventing that anyway.

All the hope that the girl used to have in her body, had completely disappeared. Harlow started to believe that everything could get better and improve. She naively believed that she'd get better and become good. The reality of the situation was simple. It was clear.

Harlow Loughty is not a good person. She's a murderer and a vicious creature that, in the past, had commit such atrocious and damaging acts.

She used to believed that Hydra told her all of that just to break her up into little fragments of a person. But, she knew their words were true. Harlow wasn't a hero. She didn't represent light and hope for the world. She represented a unique type of darkness. A darkness that used it awfulness for good the majority of the time. It wasn't enough for Harlow to know that there was a specialness to her darkness. All she cared for was the poisonous nature that was present in almost everything she does. The beloved and heroic "Scorch" that she was known by, was made up by evil. Her abilities were shaped by her Hydra adoptive parents and later on the rest of Hydra. She was born from cruelty and was destined to have the same fate. She knew that now. Harlow Loughty saw herself to be exactly what Hydra wanted. She saw herself as a disgusting and tortuous villain. In their eyes she was their perfect weapon. To them, her darkness was exactly what provided them with hope and excitement.

So while Harlow had stopped trying to actively kill herself, it was still the end goal. It was a thought that always consumed her mind. Her hatred for herself was overpowering and managed to remain intact and very present in her brain even when her brain wasn't hers to control. Wanda could feel the other girls self deprecating thoughts herself. They were so strong that Wanda couldn't get rid of them. Even when Harlow was actively under Wanda's control, doing exactly as the girl mentally instructed her, those thoughts were still there. It made it harder for Wanda to concentrate with the task at hand.