35 - Order of The Phoenix

{CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE}
"Now Harlow how about you give me the knife."

The Order of the Phoenix, a secret society founded by Albus Dumbledore to oppose Lord Voldemort and his Death Eaters

The Order was created in the 1970s. And was constructed after Voldemort returned to England from abroad and started his campaign to take over the Ministry of Magic and persecute Muggle-borns. The Order had been working with the Ministry to oppose the Dark Lord and his followers, and each day was only growing stronger as new members joined.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?" Harlow demanded removing her knife from its defensive place on Dumbledore's neck.

"Now Harlow how about you give me the knife." McGonagall proposed calmly, holding out her hand and waiting patiently.

Harlow looked over to her, her eyes scanning the woman's face. "No I think I'll keep ahold of it." Harlow refused, shaking her head stubbornly as she walked further into her kitchen.

She let her eyes wander around the room, taking notice of the group of people in her kitchen. Some of them she could recognise like Euphemia and Fleamont Potter, she had met them once before. Sirius cousin Andromeda was leaning against her counters with a mans arm wrapped around her. Apart from a few other school teachers she had no idea who the rest where.

"What the fuck are you lot doing here?" Harlow spat, letting her bags drop to the floor with a bang.

"We are the Order of the Phoenix and we-" Dumbeldore started explaining, standing tall despite previously being scared for his life.

"And you were created to fight against Voldemort." Harlow interrupted, holding a finger up to silence him. "That doesn't explain why you're here."

"Well due recent events showing what you can do, I believe you are ready to join the order." Dumbledore stated, clearly referring to the recent battle in New York.

Harlow rolled her eyes, pushing through a few people to get to her cupboard and back to her sink. She filled her glass with water and took a long gulp of it. With her back resting against the counter she slowly lowered the glass from her lips. "No." She muttered bluntly, wiping her lips with her thumb.

"I thought you said she wanted to help?" Andromeda spoke a hint of annoyance in her voice. "I don't want to force a kid into helping us."

"I would never force a child into doing anything they didn't want to do." Dumbledore reassured Andromeda, a hint of offence in his tone. And while it was true he would never force a kid into doing something, he certainly would manipulate them.

"You wouldn't be able to force me to do anything." Harlow scoffed, her eyes roaming back over to Dumbledore. "And I was willing to help, hell I was willing to let you guys use me. But that offer no longer stands."