34 - Christmas Traditions

{CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR}
"Nice jammies."

Every family have their own Christmas traditions

Every family have their own Christmas traditions. Depending on people's circumstances or religions they can differ substantially.

But nevertheless every individuals Christmas is just as magical as the next.

For some people, Christmas isn't an event that is celebrated. And once again, for some it's due to religion, but others like Sirius and Regulus Black it was a result of neglect.

Harlow herself had some experience with bad Christmas'. While other kids would spend their time decorating the Christmas tree with their parents, baking cookies for Santa or listening to Christmas music. Harlow had no experience with those aspects.

Her parents had a dislike for holidays, they would always say they never understood why they were so special. As a result  their house never had a Christmas tree or cheery Christmas songs blasting through their house in the woods.

On the morning of Christmas they would hand over a present, usually something to do with training or a toy from the closet shop to them.
And then nothing, Christmas was over as soon as a gift was handed over.

Leaving Harlow unsure what to expect.

"Are we almost there?" Harlow complained, poking her head between the two front seats. They had already taken a plane and were back in a car.

"Stop being a child." Nat mockingly scolded, turning around in her front seat, almost jumping due to how close their faces were. "Idiot! Stop whinging."

"Hey!" Harlow exclaimed taking offence. "My stitches are itching."

"And I thought you were miss indestructible." Clint mused, briefly glancing at her through the rear-view mirror.

"Whatever." Harlow scoffed with a laugh, sighing as she leaned back into her chair. "But will we be there soon?"

"Yeah kid we will." Clint laughed, shaking his head softly.

Harlow rolled her eyes playfully and turned her head to look out the window. It was dark and they were in the middle of nowhere, driving down a thin road surrounded by fields and fields.

After another bit of time, Harlow spotted a house by itself. It was still surrounded by loads of fields and a gathering of trees.

They drove up slowly, the car coming to a stop close to the house. "Here we are kiddo." Clint spoke, getting out the car and opening the door for Harlow.

"You've got a nice place here." Harlow smiled, pulling herself out of the car, wincing slightly.

"Still hurting?" Clint asked with concern, reaching out to help her.