64 - Sitwell

{CHAPTER SIXTY-FOUR}
"Kinda deserved it."

Harlow hadn't expected to be dragged up to a roof top

Harlow hadn't expected to be dragged up to a roof top. Previously, after getting changed, she never bothered to ask much about what their plan entailed. She was pretty much leaving it up to them - something she usually wouldn't do. But she trusted Steve and Nat.

So there they were with Sitwell, performing a 'casual' almost interrogation. And like they thought, it wasn't going well. Sitwell was resisting and refusing to answer their questions. Technically, everything was still going to plan but they had to go about it the hard way rather than the easy one.

"Tell me about Zola's algorithm." Steve demanded, his tone light despite the way he worded his sentence as more of a statement than a question. He stood tall, his arms folded against his chest as he watched Sitwell closely.

"Never heard of it." The man replied in defence even though he was obviously lying.

Harlow rolled her eyes from where she stood, about a metre away from Sitwell. After Harlow had updated them on her revelation, Steve wanted her safe in the background more than ever. But unfortunately she had already gotten herself into the mess.

"What were you doing on the Lemurian Star?"

"I was throwing up, I get seasick." Sitwell lied. Steve grabbed the man and forced him to the edge of the rooftop, and all Sitwell could do was smile back at him. "Is this little display meant to insinuate that you're gonna throw me off the roof? Because it's really not your style, Rogers." He quipped, almost daring him.

Steve nodded a smile forming on his face. "You're right. It's not." He paused, "It's hers." Steve replied, stepping to the side to reveal Natasha with a wicked look on her face.

In a split second, Nat raised her leg and kicked the man right in the stomach sending him flying over the edge of the roof. Sitwell let out a loud scream as he fell.

Nat had a large smirk on her face as she turned to Steve. "Oh, wait. What about that girl from accounting, Laura...?" She asked, continuing on with the ongoing conversation about setting Steve up with a girl.

"Lillian. Lip piercing, right?" He replied, tilting his head at her.

"Yeah, she's cute."

Steve sighed, "Yeah, I'm not ready for that."

Harlow stepped forward, "Right I'm bored of this." She muttered, standing between them. "I thought we would've been making more progress than this."

Steve reached over to her and squeezed her shoulder. "We're getting there." He promised, looking away from Harlow and over to Sitwell as Sam flew him back up.

Harlow had a smirk on her face as Sitwell was placed back onto the roof. She had to say that the plan was amusing for her. Harlow just wished she could've been the one to kick him off the roof.