53- Shit Hits the Fan

{CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE}
"Harlow put the gun down!"

{CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE}"Harlow put the gun down!"

Remus was still asleep. Time had dragged on and into the afternoon. It seemed Harlow really took all of Remus' energy out of him.

Harlow waited for class time to return to her dorm and have a much needed shower. She stripped of her blood clad pyjamas and threw them to the side of her room. They were pretty much completely destroyed so she planned on throwing them out.

Harlow's chest still hurt under the mostly healed gashes across her chest. They were still vibrant pink and sensitive to touch, which made the shower a little painful. But overall it was a nice feeling to scrub off the dry blood.

Harlow pulled many leaves and twigs from her hair. The water at first strained through her hair in a dark brown colour from the mud, which then turned to red after the water travelled down her chest.

She let out a large sigh as she twisted the shower off and wrapped a towel around her body. Harlow combed her hair with her fingers as she walked back into her room and sat at the edge of her bed.

"Fuck me." She muttered, letting her body flop back and onto the bed.

The energy that she had siphoned from Remus in werewolf form was starting to wear off. She had used the excess energy to heal her wounds and keep herself going, but it was finally wearing of, quicker than Harlow's body was producing energy.

Harlow gave herself just a minute to 'relax' before she was back up on her feet and getting changed into joggers and a hoodie. It was comfy and that was all she cared for in that moment.

Before putting on shoes Harlow checked her feet. There were giant white scars on the bottoms of her feet along. However, her big toe on her right foot was looking rather purple and swollen. Harlow sighed grumpily and grabbed her first aid kit that was nestled in her drawer. As she pulled it out, the silver steel colour of one of her weapons, shined due to the way the light was hitting it.

On impulse, Harlow reached in a pulled out the first weapon she could, which turned out to be a gun of hers. She quickly pocketed it along with her wand and moved back to her bed to wrap her toe to the neighbouring toe.

Back in the hospital wing the boys waited anxiously for Remus to wake up. They were becoming beyond frustrated that the boy was still asleep, through no fault of his own. But it still made them increasingly anxious. On a usual full moon night he would be back in the dorm after being checked out by Madam Pomfrey and sleeping the day away.

The boys had silently agreed to not talk about the events of the night until Remus wakes up. They didn't want to get into any arguments or talk about it more than necessary. They were all traumatised by it and avoiding truly facing it.

Despite the very evident truth, the boys were still finding it hard to grasp what happened, and who Harlow was. Sure they had a long conversation with her, but it was lighthearted and filled with jokes. They still didn't know what she could do or who she really was.