59 - Present Time

{CHAPTER FIFTY-NINE}
"To put it in better terms it's you-proof."

Tony called out for present time, claiming that he wanted to make the birthday girl cry - out of happiness and joy obviously

He dictated going first. Wanting his gift to outshine all of the others. To do so he dramatically presented the girl with a large box which made her eyebrows furrow.

"You've honestly done enough." Harlow told him, starting to feel a little guilty over how much effort he had put in. To be honest Harlow didn't think she was worth all of the effort. She didn't really understand why everyone cared so much about her.

"Just open it." He flatly told her, "Or I'll do it." Tony mischievously threatened, reaching out to grab the box back.

Harlow playfully rolled her eyes and let one of her hands rest on the top of the box, while the other gently swatted his hands away. Slowly she shimmied the lid off and starting grinning at the sight.

"It's fire proof. Well it should be." Tony added as Harlow pulled out, what could only be described as a, beautiful, super hero suit. "To put it in better terms it's you-proof."

"Let's test it why not?" Harlow quipped. Before Tony could intervene, she scorched up her hand and touched the material of the suit.

Tony watched with pride, a large smirk making its way onto his face as he saw the suit stay the same. No burning, no breakages and no melting.

"You're getting good." Nat remarked, pleasantly surprised by the girls control.
Harlow smiled over to Nat, always loving to be praised by her mentor.

"It's so cool." Peter marvelled about the suit. He wanted to touch it, to feel what being an Avenger could get you. But he couldn't, he was too scared the material would still be hot from Harlow touching it. His fear will forever be his biggest obstacle, and his downfall.

Harlow was showered in presents. Clint and Nat got her a new set of shiny throwing knives which were engraved. The knives were of course wrapped up in "The Scorch" t-shirts and other merchandise which made the girl laugh profusely.

"Mine!" James called, grabbing the biggest t-shirt. "You know, to show my support and all." He added, grinning down at his new t-shirt.

Jasmine had worked with Finnic on their present which was a charm bracelet. It only had two charms currently on it. A small cat and a bow and arrow. Harlow thanked them profusely, thinking it was the cutest gift ever. Especially since Finnic said, "Now you can carry us with you."